Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

DA Jones Perfection Beehive

5K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  conorcleary 
#1 ·
Hi there,

I've been searching for images or the patent of the DA Jones Perfection Beehive mentioned in the following article:

http://www.thewhig.com/2016/08/07/beeton-bee-barons-buzz-went-bust

It was said to be very similar to Langstroth's double-walled glass hive and very well insulated for the winter. I've done decently-thorough searches through google.com/patents and the Canadian Patent Database in addition to regular search methods.

Any findings would be appreciated! Thank you

#4 ·
I see Jones was the publisher of the Canadian Bee Journal (it was noted in the article that a fire destroyed the presses as well as the factory making these hives) I suggested checking with Cornell University Library to see if they have back issues of that period and perhaps coming down to look at them. It's likely that since the publisher and the inventor were the same man that there is info about the hive design in the journal. Cornell has a wonderful bee collection and being close to Ontario, it seems probable that might one of the journals they archived.

Enj.

#6 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.