MillerBeeSupply

Thread: MillerBeeSupply

Default MillerBeeSupply

I'm not sure if this type of post is allowed, so if not, my apologies.

I am looking to start two new hives in the spring. I'm planning on this fall for classes, reading, watching, visiting some keeps, and learning. I've been doing a good bit of research on equipment lately. Since I'm starting out from scratch, I'd like to get as much of my stuff from one place as I can (or as it makes sense).

It looks as thought I can get the best deal on all of my supplies from Miller Bee Supply. I won't list any prices, as you can find them easily if you want to see them. Their prices are significantly (significant to me) lower than Mann Lake.

Has anyone bought from or used equipment (medium boxes, frames, other wood-ware, etc) from Miller's before? I will likely go with their "select" wood-ware where I can and it will be painted.

Places I've compared them to:
    Mann Lake
    Brushy Mtn.
    Dadant
    Better Bee
    Western Bee
    Bush Farms

Thank you for any information or suggestions.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: MillerBeeSupply

Difference is probably free shipping from Mann Lake and others you listed, However, I have purchased from Miller and was satisfied with everything.
    It is what it is!

Almost all the bee supply stores have good equipment and are pretty competitive on price and customer service. I've ordered from most of them one time or another and have been happy with each order. But, to answer your question Yes, Miller has good equipment and good customer service you won't be disappointed.

Check out http://theohiobeeboxcompany.com/
    I've been more than satisfied with their woodenware and very dissatisfied with Miller.

>Has anyone bought from or used equipment (medium boxes, frames, other wood-ware, etc) from Miller's before? I will likely go with their "select" wood-ware where I can and it will be painted.

Most of my boxes and most of my bottom boards are from Miller. I am happy with them. I would not pay for "select". Commercial grade will work fine. There's nothing wrong with budget but they never have budget in stock for me.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 42y 40h 39yTF

I got my "starter setup" from Miller and was satisfied.

I just noticed you listed Bush Farms. I don't currently sell anything.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 42y 40h 39yTF

They are about 10 mins drive from where I keep my hives. I use alot of their stuff and I'm pleased with it.