Shrimping and bees don't work

Default Shrimping and bees don't work

Was watching my hives closely for swarming. Found some queen cells but I had to go shrimping. Day before yesterday my daughter text me a pic while I'm on anchor. Hugh swarm in the fig tree next to my hives. Not home so I lost them. Get home from shrimping last night. This morning I go to check my hives and find myself in the middle of another hive swarming. They light high up in an oak tree so I run home on the golf cart. Grab a trap, run back and set it on the next tree over. Within 2 minutes the swarm moved into the trap. That quick. Yeah Yeah swarm commander works. Ok, i gottum. I need to go check my boat . Head to Leeville for a couple hours doing work on the boat. Go back home, hope on the golf cart to see if swarms still in the trap. Past next to my front hives. There's another swarm hanging in the fig tree again. They were'not there two hours ago! Run back home. Grab a top bar hive and clippers. Run back to fig tree. Snip them off, set hive in place and drop them into a new home. I gotta go back20160515_212914.jpg shrimping. Season on inside waters opens on 23rd. Hummmmm, shrimping and beekeeping don't work so well together20160515_212905.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Shrimping and bees don't work

Commercial salmon fisherman here, I hear you! Trying to get the boat ready, leaving for the West Coast on June 3rd, right about when the swarm calls start tapering off around here. Always a bit of a mystery what I will find when I make it back to the yard between openings.

Yeah I used to live in New Orleans and I love shrimp.

“Shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, sautee it. There's, um, shrimp kebabs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo, pan fried, deep fried, stir fried. There's pineapple shrimp and lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich... That's, that's about it.”

Bubba left out shrimp etouffee. Hope you have a good season.

When the shrimp are ready for a harvest, you just have to go! Enjoy the bounty of the sea!

I will write that down here in Missouri, no shrimping during swarm season.

The dryland shrimp here in Az. have tails curled the wrong way. And stingers. No one fishes for them, so they dont affect swarm season at all. But they are no fun in the toe of a boot.

Ljbee, you gAve me a good chuckle