Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

How Many Stings?

6K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  dtrooster 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone. I have RA and have a couple of hives. I stung one of my bad joints on my thumb 3 days ago and have not noticed any positive change. I realize that everyone is different and that this may not work at all, but generally speaking, how many stings do those who have had a positive outcome have to do?
Thanks, J

#3 ·
Those with true RA will be slower to respond to bee venom therapy, but when your body finally does, it's quite a response, according to Bodog Beck, MD. There is an apitherapy FB page that you are welcome to join to ask your question there. We have many "experts" who participate in that group. There is not a current "manual" to help you with you do the stings, as it's not recognized as "medicine" in this country.

Here is a link to the Apitherapy FB page with all the books I have on the subject. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.433095100217871&type=1

#4 ·
Thank you both for the responses. Yes, I have "true Ra" and have dealt with it for 17 years. The 6 drugs I am taking right now are far more dangerous than bee venem and have done little to help me. Im no idiot, I will be careful, but to me, its worth a shot...or should I say sting. Thanks again, J

#5 ·
Keep an epi-pen handy and sting up. You only live once and if it's hurting all the time, well. Chances are doctors don't know as much as they let on anyway, throw enough meds at it and maybe somethings will stick. Surgeons I have respect for, general med, not so much. Maybe you can be a clinical survey

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.