And I know some people are using something similar in Europe
    Will be more easy and faster whit fogger the vaporizator

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yt8RGJWlDFA

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Oe_kGbaFMoA

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Oxalic acid fogger

Oxacalic acid is in powder form. That insect fogger is for liquid insecticides. Robert

Quote Originally Posted by Bkwoodsbees View Post
    Oxacalic acid is in powder form. That insect fogger is for liquid insecticides. Robert
    I know is powder ... I'm using it......If you combine OA whit water result liquid .....
    I'm curios if anybody using this and how much to add in water to get best results

I don't understand Croation, but the titles are something like control of treatment smoke gun (Google translate). One of the comments in the second video mentions Amitraz.

I entered oxalic acid in English and got oksalna kiselina and don't see anything in the comments that resemble that term.

IF you could vaporize a solution of OA powder in water with a insect fogger, I would be really interested, but somehow I don't think this is what they are doing.
    Honey Badger Don't Care ಠ_ಠ ~=[,,_,,]:3

I don't understand Croatian to I know for sure they used it for Varroa mites
    Also I find something similar in Germany and Italy they used heating gun whit some kind reservoir in front but for that must have electricity close to .
    This fogger will be easy to work whit and very fast that's why I'm interesting if anyone used it and if they I will like to know the concentration OA / water

If this will work, you should only need the smallest amount of water required for the OA to go into solution.

Those work with oil based insecticides not water based. I used one of those in a former life to create smoke, checking for air leaks in buildings. They generate lots of smoke when mineral oil is put in them. I don't know how you'd ever control the dosage of OA even if it was suitable for mixing with oil. It would likely strip the lining out of your lungs as well
    The more I learn about bees, the less I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Bee View Post
    Those work with oil based insecticides not water based. I used one of those in a former life to create smoke, checking for air leaks in buildings. They generate lots of smoke when mineral oil is put in them. I don't know how you'd ever control the dosage of OA even if it was suitable for mixing with oil. It would likely strip the lining out of your lungs as well
    Yeah, you are right. Those type of foggers produce a mist of tiny oil droplets and the pesticide has to be soluble in the oil. OA is not soluble in oil.

Here are mixing directions from a vaporizing unit being sold on ebay at this time. The unit is sold in Ukraine and it appears to have multiple uses in treating hives.

- Solution No. 1 - consists of 100 ml of ethanol, 15 g of oxalic acid and 15 g of thymol (Timol). To ethanol was added oxalic acid. The solution should be warmed in a water bath (about 40-a, 50-degrees) to completely dissolve the acid crystals. Only then added thymol. The solution was stirred until complete dissolution of thymol. The volume of liquid at the end of - 120 mL. This solution is sprayed without leaving any traces in the device "Varomor." 120 mg is sufficient to treat 25 beehives;
    - Solution No. 2 - should take 100 ml of purified kerosene and add 5 ml Bipin and stir until a whitish homogeneous solution having no sediment. This amount is sufficient for processing 50 and bee colonies. The solution does not lose its qualities for several months;
    - Solution No. 3 - should take 100 mL of water and add 5 ml of tau flyuvanilata and warming in a water bath (temperature 40-50 C) until complete dissolution of the drug. The result is 105 ml of the treating solution, which is sufficient to handle 50 and beehives.

Just use a vaporizer

eBay - gotta love it.
    To everything there is a season....

Quote Originally Posted by Ibeetom View Post
    Here are mixing directions from a vaporizing unit being sold on ebay at this time. The unit is sold in Ukraine and it appears to have multiple uses in treating hives.

- Solution No. 1 - consists of 100 ml of ethanol, 15 g of oxalic acid and 15 g of thymol (Timol). To ethanol was added oxalic acid. The solution should be warmed in a water bath (about 40-a, 50-degrees) to completely dissolve the acid crystals. Only then added thymol. The solution was stirred until complete dissolution of thymol. The volume of liquid at the end of - 120 mL. This solution is sprayed without leaving any traces in the device "Varomor." 120 mg is sufficient to treat 25 beehives;
    - Solution No. 2 - should take 100 ml of purified kerosene and add 5 ml Bipin and stir until a whitish homogeneous solution having no sediment. This amount is sufficient for processing 50 and bee colonies. The solution does not lose its qualities for several months;
    - Solution No. 3 - should take 100 mL of water and add 5 ml of tau flyuvanilata and warming in a water bath (temperature 40-50 C) until complete dissolution of the drug. The result is 105 ml of the treating solution, which is sufficient to handle 50 and beehives.

Sounds like a scene from Breaking Bad.

IMHO just spend a few more bucks and get a vaporizer. If you figure out how to mix the OA and get this to work how you going to get it into the hive compared to a vaporizer? Build a hive body size ADAPTER with appropriate hole in one side? How long to treat, etc.? Guess I have too much time, energy, and $$ invested in my bees to experiment which may result in harming them or not killing varoa which could actually harm them more. Again, JMHO.

You could try this one sold by Blue Sky. Uses Oxalic Acid powder and an electric heat gun. A little pricey but if you gotta lot of hives to treat.

http://www.blueskybeesupply.com/hot-...rizer-by-lega/

I have 2 of those fogger and use them for mosquito control when they get out of hand. The fog would be hard to channel.into a.beehive to get a measured amount. They run off a small propane cylinder and.occasionally some flames come out sides and front. I wouldn't use it on my hives.

I know about this from blueskybeesupply there is video on YouTube from Germany and Italy whit heat gun but need power close to or generator fogger was easy and faster option
    Probably I will give try whit Ibbetom receipies and I will keep you posted guys .

HEILYSER Have something similar now is out of stock but is around $400 if I'm right
    HEILYSER Jb700
    http://www.members.shaw.ca/orioleln/vaporizer.html

Don't waste your time. I've already tried to pursue this year's ago. Get a vaporizer and be done. Here is me with my Lega unit:

https://youtu.be/ZYvpQUsyV6Y

Imo oxalic acid strips are the best. Currently testing them and amazing results.

Oxalic acid strips? Know where I could find any? I am currently using a vaporizer but would like to be able to just lay strips then pull them some time later.

Ive heard of the formic acid strips, but not oxalic.
    www.facebook.com/hives2honey Oxalic Vaporizers, supplement and more!!!!!! Check me out.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast