trouble engaging a maxant power extractor PLEASE HELP

Default trouble engaging a maxant power extractor PLEASE HELP

I have a power 6F Maxant extractor that I used for 2 years and I am having trouble engaging it. Theere is an orange plastic nut that locks the motor to the rest of the extractor, and I move it down to connect, but when the extractor runs it disconnects. The power dial works, and so does the motor. I can see some wear on the orange nut. Can you help me? I am in the middle of a honey extraction and currently stuck. Thank you very much, Stavros

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: trouble engaging a maxant power extractor PLEASE HELP

Still stuck? Do you have a photo?

I have a different Maxant extractor and had a similar problem. It happened on a week day and I called them. The stem that comes up looks round, but is flat on one side. I was told to tighten the screw against the flat surface instead of the round. I hope this helps.....If not, I hope someone who is more knowledgeable responds. Good luck.

I'll call Maxant Monday. I am sure there is a simple solution given that the dial and the motor work fine, and so does the basket inside the exctractor. It's only the connection of the motor+basket via an orange plastic nut that looks fishy and worn out. Stavros

Thank you Maxant for the prompt response and for mailing of a free new nut. The extractor works fine after a small adjustement. I am impressed by the customer service of Maxant, and by the superior quality of their equipment. It will outlast me (I'm only 51 years old). Stavros