How to delete account?

Default How to delete account?

After 10 years or so on beesource I have decided to transition to a more off-grid existence. I have been closing out many of my online accounts including my social media accounts. The inspiration for this was a moment of enlightenment that occurred while at my son's swim meet. Looking around the room most of the parents and family members were sitting there on their smart phones instead of watching their kids. I decided that I want to conserve more of my time and cherish what little time I have with friends and family. In order to accomplish this I am closing down all of my online profiles.

Many of the forums I have been on offer a delete account option in account settings which I have not been able to locate on here. Does anybody know how to go about closing out a user account? I prefer all of my associated content also be deleted. It seems like we are trapped in beesource forever.... Short of spamming all the forums or posting obscenities to get ourselves banned
    Always question Conventional Wisdom.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: How to delete account?

You're not trapped, you're free to ignore it and never post again from this moment forward. Old posts don't get delete for the obvious reason that it would completely mess up the flow and content of the thread they're in.
    Regards, Barry

Or I could sell the username and password. A 10 year history and nearly 3000 posts might be worth something to somebody who is newer too the forum and wants the credibility that only time can achieve.

Due to very rude insults I have always wanted to erase my history and delete my account. It can not be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Moccasin View Post
    Due to very rude insults I have always wanted to erase my history and delete my account. It can not be done.
    Have you ever considered apologizing?
    We all make mistakes. No reason to delete your account.
    I have exactly ONE more hive than you.
    That makes my opinion beyond dispute!

Perhaps an "I'm sorry" smilie is needed to make it easy. Everyone better be watching eBay for used user accounts! Wonder what the high bid will be?

No need to go to ebay. There is another forum of disenfranchised ex-BS members who still have active accounts. A group effort to pitch all our user passwords to a company operating a Xactive might influence your decision about leaving vacant accounts active.

Quote Originally Posted by bluegrass View Post
    The inspiration for this was a moment of enlightenment that occurred while at my son's swim meet.
    You speak about a "moment of enlightment", and then you threaten to begin an effort to organize people from "another forum of disenfranchised ex-BS members" in order to damage or destroy a man's 20 year effort to provide a place for beekeepers to learn and share their common interest?

Seriously?
    Last edited by Barry Digman; 05-14-2016 at 05:48 AM.
    Nobody ruins my day without my permission, and I refuse to grant it...

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Digman View Post
    You speak about a "moment of enlightment", and then you threaten to begin an effort to organize people from "another forum of disenfranchised ex-BS members" in order to damage or destroy another man's 20 year effort to provide a place for beekeepers to learn and share their common interest?

Seriously?
    +1 on that Barry. I get the desire to take a step back and not let devices control ones life. But expecting someone to "unring" what you have freely posted on a public forum and then make threats when it doesn't seem feasible is simply (to put it politely) wrong.
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe."- Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by jim lyon View Post
    +1 on that Barry. I get the desire to take a step back and not let devices control ones life. But expecting someone to "unring" what you have freely posted on a public forum and then make threats when it doesn't seem feasible is simply (to put it politely) wrong.

You speak about a "moment of enlightment", and then you threaten to begin an effort to organize people from "another forum of disenfranchised ex-BS members" in order to damage or destroy a man's 20 year effort to provide a place for beekeepers to learn and share their common interest?

Seriously?
    +1

Just change all of the values in your profile to something like "Inactive Member" and go live your life. No drama needed. Eventually you will be so far in the rearview mirror no one will even notice that you were ever here.

Or just turn off email notices, delete bookmarks and stop coming around - like I did on that other big beekeeping forum. I haven't detected how the existance of that zombie account harms me in any way - but then again, since I use my real name I tend to watch what I say in case my Momma ever learns to use Google.

Seriously, do you think that you can erase your presence from the Internet?

BTW, sorry you feel that way.
    Last edited by David LaFerney; 05-14-2016 at 07:30 AM.
    Since '09-75H-T-Z6b

I was on another forum where a guy was on his computer and went to lunch, when he came back the guys in the shop thought it was funny to jump through a bunch of posts writing rude stuff about others. It was obvious when pointed out but this almost seemed like one of those posts.
    Please make all of my existence of my primary on line site go away?
    “Why do we fall, sir? So that we might learn to pick ourselves up” Alfred Pennyworth Batman Begins (2005)

Seriously?
    Watch the swim meet instead of colluding
    The Bees are the Beekeepers

Quote Originally Posted by bluegrass View Post
    Looking around the room most of the parents and family members were sitting there on their smart phones instead of watching their kids. I decided that I want to conserve more of my time and cherish what little time I have with friends and family. In order to accomplish this I am closing down all of my online profiles.
    Based on this statement I can only assume that you were also one of the parents "on their smart phones instead of watching their kids". If not, then you would have been one of the few who were actually "watching their kids", and there would be no reason for you to decide to make adjustments in your lifestyle to conserve your time and redirect it toward your family.

It's disappointing to see your threats, sounds more like a personal problem to me. There is no reason to live in isolation from the rest of the world. Realigning your priorities and self control would solve your problem. I wish you the best.
    To everything there is a season....

Humm I got 300 post or so what do u think its worth jk just don't get on here anymore what's the diffrence or if your really serious after reading this throw your computer out the window and consider your acount deleted thanks for your 3000 or so contributions to us here at beesource cya

I thought you were giving up the computer? Honestly I don't know anyone that would pay a dime to have a number beside their name to somehow try and gain credibility. That seems like it would take someone with mighty low self esteem. Just move on. Perhaps you have offered some wisdom in a post through the years that will help a future beekeeper. Enjoy your new approach, and enjoy those kids.
    The Bees are the Beekeepers

why keep posting?
    This isn't your show so it doesn't matter how you feel or what you consider legitimate,
    and you knew this from the very beginning in 2006 when you signed on. I question your wisdom,
    and motivation, for pursuing this the way you are.
    It sounds to me like you have some issues to work out and Beesource is the least of them.

If beesource were a collection of articles, there might not really be a negative impact of deleting things the author no longer wishes to be 'publishing'. ....but this is a conversation...a group effort for helping ourselves and others with beekeeping knowledge and practice.

Conversation is a bit like beekeeping, in that often the entire meaning can be lost (and distorted) by removing one voice....the structure and meaning of a conversation is suspended by the interconnected voices, much as the colony (or new queen, or honey crop, or winter cluster) is supported by the myriad of interconnected individual bees and the systems they operate.
    Sometimes the lights all shining on me
    Other times I can barely see. -The Grateful Dead

Gee, with threats like giving his username and password to places like Xactive, I am a bit surprised that Barry has not already pulled the "Banned" switch. Not so much fro retribution, but for protection.
    "If nominated, I will not run; if elected, I will not serve."
    - W.T.S.