Bees and Ley Lines/Electromagnetic Lines - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 31 of 31
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Dover, NH
    Posts
    54

    Default Re: Bees and Ley Lines/Electromagnetic Lines

    You should set up your own study. Set up half your hives on ley lines and half not. Try to minimize the differences. Similar sun, similar forage, similar orientation, similar treatment etc. Do it for a couple years recording harvest, mortality rates, general health of the hives. If after that time and all other factors being similar you can show that the ley line hives did better you are on to something.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lee\'s Summit, MO
    Posts
    2,514

    Default Re: Bees and Ley Lines/Electromagnetic Lines

    Quote Originally Posted by ABK View Post
    Would ideally like to hear from those who have had anything to do with this.
    I have experience and I've found it to be hogwash in my estimation and I'm letting my voice be heard as you requested.


    Quote Originally Posted by ABK View Post
    Seems like you critics don't have anything to say to the experienced beekeepers who have had positive results with hives on ley lines/have located ley lines.
    So now you get to label me a critic (in a veiled attempt to discount me)? Am I not an experienced beekeeper with over 10 years of learning under my belt? Do my experiences not matter in your eyes? This is Beesource, and you've been on here a whopping 3 days. If you only want to hear points of view that support your agenda you might want to head elsewhere.

    Slow Drone is now up 4 votes to kill this thread as not productive
    Ninja, is not in the dictionary. Well played Ninja's, well played...

  4. #23
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Catskills, NY
    Posts
    276

    Default Re: Bees and Ley Lines/Electromagnetic Lines

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cryberg View Post
    Sure that is going to happen. Plain ordinary statistics demand that it happen from time to time. That has nothing to do with the fact that there are no such things as ley lines. Slow Drone is 100% right. This thread should be killed.
    It's not a fact, Cryberg. It's just a theory. Just like your theory that it's false.

    I don't get why everyone gets so offended when such theories are proposed? If you don't believe in it, go about your business. It's like I'm attacking your whole heritage that you feel the need to jump in and protect.

  5. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Nampa, Idaho
    Posts
    57

    Default Re: Bees and Ley Lines/Electromagnetic Lines

    ABK - Dude....have you even bothered to look into the origin of the term, "ley lines"? It appears not.

    Had more to do with surveying and navigating on land (at least, supposedly) than what fantasy writers have morphed it into. As such, even the acknowledged possible existence would have nothing to do with bees.

  6. #25
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Catskills, NY
    Posts
    276

    Default Re: Bees and Ley Lines/Electromagnetic Lines

    This kindergarten is pretty comical.

    Coastie, you're right. That's how the experiment should go, and I have every intention on doing it. But I predict that no matter my sample size and no matter how equivalent I make all the factors, there will still be people that will feel the need to butt in and tell me that it's a coincidence and that ley lines don't exist is a "fact".

    Go ahead and kill this thread

  7. #26
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Lincoln Co., WI, USA
    Posts
    65

    Default Re: Bees and Ley Lines/Electromagnetic Lines

    Quote Originally Posted by ABK View Post
    You took my words out of context. Whether purposefully or not, I don't know. Seems like you critics don't have anything to say to the experienced beekeepers who have had positive results with hives on ley lines/have located ley lines.
    Oh I have plenty to say to those beekeepers. Things like:
    "Does positioning hives relative to ley lines cause consistent, predictable outcomes?"
    "What was your method for testing these outcomes?"
    "How did you detect it? We know from testing that dowsing doesn't work, so what method did you use?"
    "What exactly is a ley line? It can't be an electromagnetic or magnetic field because we can measure those."
    "If ley lines run point-to-point, wouldn't Earth's curvature result in only a tiny number of actual intersections?"

  8. #27
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Catskills, NY
    Posts
    276

    Default Re: Bees and Ley Lines/Electromagnetic Lines

    Quote Originally Posted by B Steve B View Post
    ABK - Dude....have you even bothered to look into the origin of the term, "ley lines"? It appears not.

    Had more to do with surveying and navigating on land (at least, supposedly) than what fantasy writers have morphed it into. As such, even the acknowledged possible existence would have nothing to do with bees.
    I have looked into it, and I was going to explain all of what I know about it here until the crows started chiming in. I began by defining it as an imaginary line drawn to connect multiple existing features. But the critics clutched onto the word "imaginary" to further their attempt to discount this idea.

  9. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Nampa, Idaho
    Posts
    57

    Default Re: Bees and Ley Lines/Electromagnetic Lines

    Quote Originally Posted by ABK View Post
    It's not a fact, Cryberg. It's just a theory. Just like your theory that it's false.

    I don't get why everyone gets so offended when such theories are proposed? If you don't believe in it, go about your business. It's like I'm attacking your whole heritage that you feel the need to jump in and protect.
    It's not a theory - it's a hypothesis......based initially on a fantasy.

  10. #29
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Catskills, NY
    Posts
    276

    Default Re: Bees and Ley Lines/Electromagnetic Lines

    Quote Originally Posted by Galaxie View Post
    Oh I have plenty to say to those beekeepers. Things like:
    "Does positioning hives relative to ley lines cause consistent, predictable outcomes?"
    "What was your method for testing these outcomes?"
    "How did you detect it? We know from testing that dowsing doesn't work, so what method did you use?"
    "What exactly is a ley line? It can't be an electromagnetic or magnetic field because we can measure those."
    "If ley lines run point-to-point, wouldn't Earth's curvature result in only a tiny number of actual intersections?"
    You say "we know from testing". Can you direct me, even vaguely, at this testing and where you prove it doesn't work?

  11. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Nampa, Idaho
    Posts
    57

    Default Re: Bees and Ley Lines/Electromagnetic Lines

    Quote Originally Posted by ABK View Post
    I have looked into it, and I was going to explain all of what I know about it here until the crows started chiming in. I began by defining it as an imaginary line drawn to connect multiple existing features. But the critics clutched onto the word "imaginary" to further their attempt to discount this idea.
    That barely touches on the origin of the term. In a most vague manner.

  12. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Pepperell, MA.
    Posts
    6,114

    Default Re: Bees and Ley Lines/Electromagnetic Lines

    Quote Originally Posted by ABK View Post
    This kindergarten is pretty comical.

    Coastie, you're right. That's how the experiment should go, and I have every intention on doing it. But I predict that no matter my sample size and no matter how equivalent I make all the factors, there will still be people that will feel the need to butt in and tell me that it's a coincidence and that ley lines don't exist is a "fact".

    Go ahead and kill this thread
    OK
    "My wife always wanted girls. Just not thousands and thousands of them......"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •