lega uncapper - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: lega uncapper

Default Re: lega uncapper

Quote Originally Posted by camero7 View Post
    I almost ordered it... called for freight quote and was going to order when I saw the Facebook post. Interesting how Blue Sky doesn't answer questions when it's problematic for their product.

Apologies, I am not aware of the Facebook post. Can you provide the link or PM me? I'll be happy to address your concerns. I'm a straight-shooter and won't try to sell you something I don't believe in. - Jamie
    Blue Sky Bee Supply
    Quality Bee Supplies, Bees and Containers!

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by blueskybeesupply View Post
    ...In the future, I will try and figure out how to have "alerts" turned on for threads pertaining to our products that I comment on. ...
    Just make sure you "subscribe" to the threads. It's under "Thread Tools" at the top of the forum. I personally go into my profile and set mine to automatically subscribe to anything I post on as default. You can always turn it off if a topic gets too out of hand.

What are you to do if you run both med and shallows at the same time. Been thinking about buying one.

I could see how they could make interchangeable pieces and a long enough back stop to not need to switch, just adjust.

Do your frames in batches. Get all the mediums done, then the shallows. Only have to "convert" once.

Well this is just great. I have my Sideliner uncapper sitting in the garage in its packing crate and I havent even opened it now i get this notice that is BOUT $500 CHEAPER. Please please submit a detailed report on how this thing works becuase BM has a 30 100% full refund policy...if this thing works better, I will return BM and get this one.... THANKS
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    Well, I put my money down as well as bought an extractor from BlueSky... I EXPECT to get some answers if I have some issues!

We should be running it shortly... thought we were gonna do it this past week/weekend, but other projects came up.

Positive, we have a nice big honking solar wax melter that we finished up last night!

We should be running it shortly...
    With fixes?

No word since what you have read above on the "fixes" yet.

OKAY peeps, let hear some reviews about the LENA UNCAPPER!!! How much was shipping to your location?

I would be interested to see some extracted frames fresh out of the extractor to see if the knives open the cappings enough to allow all of the honey to vacate the cells

BUMP BUMP BUMP...surely some one is using this thing by now...SPEAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Miketx View Post
    I would be interested to see some extracted frames fresh out of the extractor to see if the knives open the cappings enough to allow all of the honey to vacate the cells

I own one of these, and used it to extract approximately 13 000 pounds of honey last year. We use mostly deep frames, but we also extract a few medium supers every year.

We found that it works as advertised, and we had no problem staying ahead of our 20-frame extractor.

There are a few negative points to mention: First, the frames need to spend a little more time in the extractor, particularly is the honey is very dry. Second, shallow cells need to be opened with a fork or other method. Third, much less cappings wax is harvested, since the cells are cut rather than sliced open. Finally, the rotary blades need to be cleaned frequently, or else the accumulated wax will tear stripes through the drawn frame. We found it necessary to clean it with an uncapping fork roughly every two extraction cycles, and thoroughly at the end of each day. You really don't want honey to dry up on those rotary cutters.

On a positive note, it is really quite fast when the cells are drawn deep and are evenly capped. In my opinion, it is an excellent uncapper for someone running 9-frame honey supers.
    Last edited by Polarbees; 06-07-2016 at 09:57 AM. Reason: typo

Good review.

I happened to stumble across an old silver queen with the water pump this weekend. Stands and tanks included.

Still not sure if I want to deal with all the cappings or not.

I have to get this s q cleaned up and run some frames thru it

My bill of lading said it was 116 lbs for shipping. No way.

Quote Originally Posted by BooneCtyBeek View Post
    My bill of lading said it was 116 lbs for shipping. No way.
    Yeah, maybe that is including the pallet.

It sounds like the modifications may be slow in coming, but I really like the video. I also like the idea of no cappings, no wax melting, no melter honey. What is the turn around time on ordering one of these? Have these modifications been completed yet? PLEASE let us know when the revamped version is available and how long it might take to be delivered.
    Ray
    85 hives in 10 yards
    zones 5a and 5b

How many frames does the rack hold before it has to be emptied??
    Ray
    85 hives in 10 yards
    zones 5a and 5b

Quote Originally Posted by Hiwire View Post
    It sounds like the modifications may be slow in coming, but I really like the video. I also like the idea of no cappings, no wax melting, no melter honey. What is the turn around time on ordering one of these? Have these modifications been completed yet? PLEASE let us know when the revamped version is available and how long it might take to be delivered.
    Ray
    got this from Blue sky:
    Cam:

They aren’t fixes, they are enhancements.

The travel limiter inserts were my idea for improvement. The backstop is any easy modification and in the interim if it is an issue, a length of PVC can be placed over the metal stop for mediums and shallows. Very easy.

Plenty of folks are using the machines without issue.

We will send an update kit to all who have ordered in 4-6 weeks. Lega is engineering them and preparing for production.

Best,
    Jamie Morehead
    Blue Sky Bee Supply

I'm considering to buy the lega-uncapper too.
    But how about uncapping Langstroth deeps and using a radial extractor? The main harvest comes from oilseed rape - a honey with a higher viscosity.
    I'm not sure, if an uncapper with knifes would be the better opition for getting the frames empty.
    Thanks for the help.

Up. :-)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast