Heilyser JB700 OA Blower - Page 2
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: Heilyser JB700 OA Blower

Quote Originally Posted by camero7 View Post
    I got the JB700 back yesterday with a check for the postage. Also a packet of thymol strips [nice touch]. Heinz is great to deal with.
    looking over the JB700, the one thing that "worries" me, the instructions say to turn on the heater after filling it, when you see the gas in the window, turn on the fan. Before you turn on the fan the gas has access to all the components that are around the fan, won't this cause them to fail at some point??
    mike syracuse ny
    Whatever you subsidize you get more of. Ronald Reagan

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Who knows. "Nothing lasts forever but old Fords and a natural stone."

Who knows. "Nothing lasts forever but old Fords and a natural stone."
    that's what I like a positive attitude sure hope your right, just got a new Ford
    mike syracuse ny

Well, I sold my Ford and bought a Nissan, but what do I know? So far [1 year] I'm pretty happy with it. Since I do most of my work from a trailer, I don't need a big honker. See you in about a month

On your trailer pigtail...The white wire is negative (ground). The brown one is positive for running lights. The yellow and green are positives and are for the turn signal/brake lights.
    Brown and white are probably what you were using.

Oops...meant to quote the guy who was asking about that sort of.
    Internet credibility is an oxymoron

Well, I sold my Ford and bought a Nissan, but what do I know? So far [1 year] I'm pretty happy with it. Since I do most of my work from a trailer, I don't need a big honker. See you in about a month
    still haven't gotten anything but the tickets, I assume at some point they will send out some information?
    mike syracuse ny

I got the JB700 back yesterday with a check for the postage. Also a packet of thymol strips [nice touch]. Heinz is great to deal with.
    Have you had a chance to test it out? I'm curious how many double deeps can be treated with one charge and any other observations.

Thanks!
    Jack

Not yet. Will post, probably in about 2-3 weeks when I start my fall treatments.

Quote Originally Posted by turtle95 View Post
    I made a new discharge nozzle so the unit operates level .Works so much better .Treated 8 singles before refilling , if I had the new bigger pan could treat more hives as long they are not to far apart .
    I just got mine in the mail.... Can you post some detail on your modified discharge nozzle? Being able to treat standing upright would be nice...
    Since '12 Zone 7a 42.25N 71.00W 17H OAV Amitraz
    Seaside Apiaries

im thinking i will order one of these. i have the varrox OAV now and it works fine however it is time consuming, and there are usually burns in the boxes that i find later not to mention incinerated bees on the vaporizer itself after each hive is treated.
    Im always worried that one of them will end up being the queen.

Cam can you give us an idea as to how you like the unit? So much hype and BS around any new product but im really interested to hear your perspective on this as a consumer .

I have scoured the internet trying to find video reviews on the unit without any success.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by aran View Post
    Cam can you give us an idea as to how you like the unit? So much hype and BS around any new product but im really interested to hear your perspective on this as a consumer .

cheers
    https://www.beesource.com/forums/show...-700-OA-BLower
    mike syracuse ny

Recently got my JB700 in and will give it a run this afternoon in one of my bigger outyards.... Really like the idea of this design as it runs on a 12V battery and incorporates a blower.... This should greatly speed up treatments and significantly reduce the risk of setting a hive on fire and scorched bees...

The overall design appears to be based on standard 3" (or Canadian equivalent) PVC plumbing pipe and associated fittings. Temperature control is contained in a module on the side and it has separate switches for the heating pan and the blower. The nozzle is detachable which is nice as eventually I would like to adapt it to enable me to treat through a hole in the back of the hive.... The oxalic heating pan appears to have roughly twice to 3 times the holding volume of my Varrox and varrocleaner so I assume a single load will enable me to treat 3-4 hives... I'll know better this afternoon after I give it a run...

Biggest potential downside is the fact that it has to be held horizontal during application and the cool down to reload the pan... Neither are show stoppers but worth a mention....

JB700.jpg
    JB700_2.jpg
    JB700_3.jpg
    JB700_4.jpg
    JB700_5.jpg
    Seaside Apiaries

Bought this for my cord..

should work ok after I've finished modifying it. Drilled a hole in the reel and threaded wire through it so I can access both ends for hooking it up. Hopefully I can just pull into the yard, reel out some cord and start vaporizing. Should make it fast and simple.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks good Cam!
    Seaside Apiaries

vap2.jpgvap2.jpgvap1.jpgvap1.jpgvap1.jpg hopefully the images uploaded . just get a lawn mower battery to power it ,it will treat at least 20 plus hives . Stay away from using a long cord you lose to much power . I can treat a 2 deep hive in 15 to 20 sec , then to the next one ,you can load it with the pan while it's still hot , just make sure everything is closed up on the bottom of the hive , I stick the nozzle in the entrance and cover the opening with a towel , after a few seconds open up the lid until you see vapors then put the cover down and let it blow vapors in for a few more seconds . Make sure to wear a respirator mask the vapors will crystalize in your lungs !!! this a good way to control mites. Good luck Tom

turtle-
    How many AH or amp hours is your "lawn mower battery"? I just want to get an idea of the size. Thanks!
    If you only have a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.
    Abraham Maslow

the lawn mower battery has 275 CCA . we treated 15 hives and it had not slowed down and the battery voltage had not dropped . I normally use a deep cycle battery ,have treated 60 hives with no problem other than it's heavy .

Curious why your tube is burnt on the end. Mine did not change color. I only treated 4 hives but didn't have that problem. vapor was cool coming out of the vaporizer. Also, did you notice the bubbling up of the OA in the bowl? I had to break it with a hive tool.

I made a new one out of PVC pipe . It now slides into the entrance opening and sits level and the and OA doesn't bubble out of the pan very much . your OA has to much moisture in it when it bubbles up and crusts over , spread it out on something and put it out in the sun to dry out .

Just bought some new OA from another source. Hopefully it will be drier. That was a new package the OA was in. Didn't seem damp.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast