Heilyser JB700 OA Blower - Page 8
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Default Re: Heilyser JB700 OA Blower

Quote Originally Posted by wildbranch2007 View Post
    I wonder if they will accept the old jb700 in trade, it sits on a shelf waiting for some useful purpose to come along.
    +1 me as well....
    Since '12 Zone 7a 42.25N 71.00W 17H OAV Amitraz
    Seaside Apiaries

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Bob J View Post
    +1 me as well....
    Add me to the list! I might be interested in some type of upgrade if it becomes available, my JB700 is sitting on the shelf broken (again).

I am happy to say we can now modify the older style JB700 to the new digital JB700D. This functions much better and does not have that annoying non vaporization phase. This will be done at a very reasonable price as we greatly appreciate the early adopters of the JB700 which were instrumental in working out the bugs.

Please feel free to message me for more information.

best regards, Ron
    deLeeuw Technology

Just got my blower back from Ron, have to say it's much improved... put 4 scoops of OA in it and got a very satisfactory amount of steady OA vapor. Heats much faster. It is a battery hog - I use a battery pack and it used up most of the power with just that one trail. I'll need a better battery pack or a couple more to work it ok. If you've already invested in one, the upgrade [$80] is well worth it. I estimate I could do 3 hives with the 4 heaping scoops of OA I put in it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

thanks cam, sent mine out a while ago, how much residue was there after you were done??
    mike syracuse ny
    Whatever you subsidize you get more of. Ronald Reagan

Just a little and it dumped out when I inverted the vaporizer. I'm pretty happy so far. I'll be treating this weekend and should be able to give another update.

After doing 2 rounds of my hives...
    1. I'm happy with the improvements.
    2. It's faster than the wands
    3. I carry a flat blade screwdriver and clean the residue between loads.
    4. Cools quickly if you leave the blower on while cleaning the residue.
    5. Getting lots of vapor and it's coming out every seam of the hive.
    6. I've settled on doing 2 hives, cleaning, reloading and moving on to the next 2.
    7 OA is cheap and I don't mind using more than necessary to get a good cover of the hives.
    8 I'm using 4 scoops for 2 hives... could do one more but I want a good mite kill. Never have had a problem with using too much OA vapor

I can now say that I recommend this product for small sideliners.

Forgot to add that it's not that bad a battery user. I can do 20+ hives with my booster [pictured] and still have a charge left, haven't tried to do more because don't have yard bigger than that

Thanks for the endorsement Cam. I spent a fair amount of time on the redesign last winter addressing the concerns from customers like you. I am very curious about about your experience with the booster. What model do you use?

best regards, Ron
    deLeeuw Technology

Thanks for the endorsement Cam. I spent a fair amount of time on the redesign last winter addressing the concerns from customers like you. I am very curious about about your experience with the booster. What model do you use?

best regards, Ron
    deLeeuw Technology

I use the 2500 which I get from Amazon. This is my second one, bought the first one used and it lasted about 7 years.booster pac.jpg

Well, yesterday I was treating with the JB. I finished the row of hives and was running the blower to cool it down. Heard 2 loud clicks and the blower quit working. still heats up ok, but this is almost the final straw for me. I have over $500 invested in this with rebuilding, postage, etc. Would have made a good down payment on a vm. Disgusted

Waited for Ron to respond before I did anything. He suggested that I check the fan for obstruction. When I pulled the end off a fan blade had broken off and locked the fan [must have been a defective fan because there was nothing else in there to have caused it. Waiting for word from Ron on next step. Looks like the fan is cemented in and it will be a job to remove and replace.

Quote Originally Posted by camero7 View Post
    Waited for Ron to respond before I did anything. He suggested that I check the fan for obstruction. When I pulled the end off a fan blade had broken off and locked the fan [must have been a defective fan because there was nothing else in there to have caused it. Waiting for word from Ron on next step. Looks like the fan is cemented in and it will be a job to remove and replace.
    keep us informed, mine is due to be shipped end of the week. thanks
    mike syracuse ny

So I wrote him and told him I have one of those fans in the old JB. But I cautioned it looked well cemented in. His reply "They are interchangeable fans. The adhesive is latex based caulking. You can pick it out reasonably easily. Feel free to try that. If that doesn't work, I can send a new fan unit." I tried for about 1/2 hour, the fan unit started to break apart so I asked for a new fan unit. We'll see.

I was going to send mine back for the upgrades but decided not to do it: It heats up really fast and belches out a nice plume of oav. Cleaning is very easy with a small paint brush and inverting the unit.

mines due to be shipped back today or tomorrow
    mike syracuse ny

Cam,

I've got to treat for mites tomorrow, just wondered what you are using now. I have a couple of options in my garage.

Gypsi
    Stuck in Texas. Learning Permaculture in drought, flood and strange weather. The bees are still alive.

I quit this piece of junk and am now using Amitraz one year and OAvapor [with the wand] the next

Thank you. I don't have a real high mite count, my last December OAV seemed to do the job nicely. I'm going to pull fall honey on the 13th of October, should I wait on OAV with my regular battery powered (actually car jumper powered) vaporizer, until after I pull the honey?
    Stuck in Texas. Learning Permaculture in drought, flood and strange weather. The bees are still alive.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast