Root Simplicity Honey Extractor

Default Root Simplicity Honey Extractor

Any one have any information on a 45 frame Simplicity honey extractor produced by Root? I have found some similar extractors online but they seem to be very few and far between without much information as to when they were manufactured or how many were made. I recently acquired one and am refurbishing it so I'll try to post some pictures to this thread later to show the before and after of the restoration. It's a galvanized tank so I'll be stripping everything down to bare metal and using camcote to make everything food safe as well as some general TLC to get it back to like new condition.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Root Simplicity Honey Extractor

Yes. I have one and have it in operation. Have had bee for 59 years. Still in great shape and works well. I bought it used 40years ago. Don't know much about them. Was hoping you can tell me something

I am looking at one that is well taken care of. The tank portion is stainless, the basket will need cam cote. They are asking $1200. It does work. Is this a reasonable price? It is 45 frames as well.
    South Texas Apiaries, LLC
    www.Facebook.com/SouthTexasApiaries

Sounds like a good deal to me. I would buy it if I had the chance