Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

It's March Madness here in Florida. Add this apartment-removal to pile

15K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  ollie 
#1 ·

Here's a removal I did the other day in Lake Wales, FL.

Be sure to set your video quality to at least 720p or 1080p on the YouTube settings for optimum viewing pleasure.

#2 · (Edited)
That's awesome, and good for you! My bees have rarely been able to get out of the hives. In fact, we still had snow on the ground last week.

Just finished watching, that is a great video. Thanks for uploading it.

#4 ·
That's the reason I prefer not to use any bee repellant especially honey b gone. Too potent and smells like crap. Doesn't the apartment inhabitants complain?
Fischer's bee quick will get the the job done (as a last resort) and has a pleasant almond smell. I use it as a repellant for future bees taking up residence. Both will overwhelm the bees nasonov gland and send the bees into a flurry as shown in your vid.
They just cannot orient. The stronger the repellant the worse the "cloud".
Nice removal. Another lang huh? Slowly transitioning.....

Try installing the cover on much sooner in the "hiving" process. They will be drawn in to the darker portion of the hive right away. Just a smidge of smoke towards evening will send them all in.

#5 ·

A real quick comment - Honey-B-Gone actually smells excellent. It smells like almond oil.

It works great. I'm not sure why there is a problem. It's only been a huge benefit for me and the bees in doing these removals.

As far as the roof, that's a matter of preference. I want the ones that are airborn to smell the queen and their sisters fanning more prominently. I'm not saying you're wrong. Beekeeping is sometimes an art. Everyone's different.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.