Colony Update here in MA - Page 62
Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1252606162
Results 1,221 to 1,238 of 1238

Default Re: Colony Update here in MA

Quote Originally Posted by Scitfrostbite View Post
    Hives are getting a new home in Concord. State inspector to inspect the hives before the move.
    The hives are full of nectar. One hive has two of three supers full but not capped. New owner is going to have to swap out some frames to combat building nectar bound concerns, strong flow recently. Going to be heavy moving. Iím thinking I could use bee escape 24 hrs before the hives get picked up to make moving easier.
    So sorry to hear you are having to give them up.... :-( Good call to err on the side of being safe!
    Since '12 Zone 7a 42.25N 71.00W 17H OAV Amitraz
    Seaside Apiaries

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Inspection this weekend found 3 of the overwintered hives with eggs in swarm cells... Set up with Snelgrove Method II so am keeping my fingers crossed that I can stop them from swarming.....
    Seaside Apiaries

Expansion? Swarm prep? I thought Metrowest beeks might be interested in my nuc (no bees) for sale on CB- https://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/gr...610856963.html

Nuc is gone.

Snelgrove rocks! All three hives had the swarm cells taken down and appeared to not have swarmed.... Hives in Marshfield and Needham are packing away the honey! No sign of flow in Rockland yet. Nice stretch of weather coming up this week so good chance for the girls to take care of business......
    Seaside Apiaries

Hives are all looking great! Flow is on in all yards now... No more signs of swarm preps so hopefully have dodged that bullet.....;- )
    Seaside Apiaries

All yards are now packing it away. Love to see that white wax!
    Added supers to several hives and checker boarded. Noticeably less pollen being brought in than last week. One hive showing high mites so will plan to treat next week.
    Seaside Apiaries

Anybody harvest any supers yet? I have a few packages from April that are going gangbusters. One has 4 supers and i'm going to have to harvest this weekend i think. Trying to control the size as i have queens coming in 2 weeks. Hopefully no swarms before then. No queen cells on last inspection.
    Terrence

Quote Originally Posted by kaizen View Post
    Anybody harvest any supers yet? I have a few packages from April that are going gangbusters. One has 4 supers and i'm going to have to harvest this weekend i think. Trying to control the size as i have queens coming in 2 weeks. Hopefully no swarms before then. No queen cells on last inspection.
    Not yet but they are really packing it away in all my yards.... Probably will be extracting in a couple of weeks.... ;- )
    Seaside Apiaries

One of my hives has 10 deeps full of nectar but only partly capped. Others are filling up but not capped yet. I am anticipating a great harvest.

Post a picture!!

Oooops! I reread my post after you asked for a picture - I meant 10 frames! I went in yesterday to make sure they weren't going to swarm, not having checked on them for about three weeks. Ten deeps would be a sight to see!

One heck of a tall ladder!
    Proverbs 16:24

Got through that heat wave. Harvested a few supers from one hive that is a monster just to make sure they have room. Its still 2 deeps and 3 supers tall and those 3 will be capped in a few weeks. Its a sasatraz queen and i'm really liking their demeanor. Started from a package in april.

Having an issue at one yard with EFB. Confirmed with test. I can't get a vet to call in a feed order to Mann lake so i can get some terra pro. Anyone know any vets that can authorize one for new hampshire? I can't even get any call backs.
    Terrence

Quote Originally Posted by kaizen View Post
    Got through that heat wave. Harvested a few supers from one hive that is a monster just to make sure they have room. Its still 2 deeps and 3 supers tall and those 3 will be capped in a few weeks. Its a sasatraz queen and i'm really liking their demeanor. Started from a package in april.

Having an issue at one yard with EFB. Confirmed with test. I can't get a vet to call in a feed order to Mann lake so i can get some terra pro. Anyone know any vets that can authorize one for new hampshire? I can't even get any call backs.
    top of the page find a vet, put in NH will give you two vets in vt. one also does NH compliments of Criss Crisp Better bee

https://www.hbvc.org/
    mike syracuse ny
    Whatever you subsidize you get more of. Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by wildbranch2007 View Post
    top of the page find a vet, put in NH will give you two vets in vt. one also does NH compliments of Criss Crisp Better bee

https://www.hbvc.org/
    yup emailed both of them. no answers. I've offered to bring the hive into my local vets and they still won't .
    Terrence

How your mite levels looking in MA? Treatment plans for the Fall? Thanks
    Last edited by Scitfrostbite; 09-11-2018 at 07:19 AM. Reason: typo

First year beekeeper, my mite levels are low (undetectable) in Lowell MA. I keep retesting thinking I messed something up. I did an OA dribble treatment during a brood break in Mid July. Will do OA dribble again in late fall.

Alex
    Last edited by Alex Madsen; 09-12-2018 at 07:37 PM.

Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1252606162