Bee Sting for Knee Pain - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Bee Sting for Knee Pain

Quote Originally Posted by ruthiesbees View Post
    I use bee venom therapy quite often for my arthritis. Usually one or two stings to my knee have me set for many weeks. I love it and it keeps me off my arthritis meds.

I have a facebook group for Apitherapy for some of you skeptics
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/apitherapy/files/
    sent a request to join

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Gough View Post
    Spray with water huh. I did not think of that. Thanks.

How long do you leave the stinger in? The man that talked on the podcast that I referenced above I think left them in for 5 minutes.
    on the 4 yr old, not very long by the time it's stops being numb from the ice stick there is no longer any pain. I leave them in me for 4-5 min or untill they quit pumping. The ice stick I made is a 6 in length of copper pipe cap soldered on. drilled a hole in the second cap and soldered it on then filled with a 50/50 mix of alcohol and water. Then I filled the hole with a sheet metal screw epoxied in. I freeze this and it gets so cold it will stick to dry skin. If you don't like the pain of stings, hold the ice stick on till it just starts to hurt and then sting.

Spray with water huh. I did not think of that. Thanks.

How long do you leave the stinger in? The man that talked on the podcast that I referenced above I think left them in for 5 minutes.
    if you have more bees in the jar than you need this will kill them prematuraly getting them cold just long enough to slow them down, they quickly recover when you put the jar in a warm spot. then you can keep them alive for a few days to a week feeding honey through the screen. I have cooled and pulled bees out 3-4 days in a row as needed.

Thanks Harley for all the information. I have been wondering about this for a while. I like the "ice stick" idea.

Thanks Harley for all the information. I have been wondering about this for a while. I like the "ice stick" idea.
    leave it on too long it hurts worse than the sting LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Harley Craig View Post
    and a sting to the area triggers the cortisone dump and while it is working on the inflammation of the bee sting it also works on the inflammation of the arthritis. I'm not the scientific type but this made sense to me.
    Thanks for posting this, Harley! Makes since to my thick skull.

FYI there is an Apitherapy (BVT) forum on Beesource. Lots of good info there. The jar system was explained years ago.

Bee venom has chemicals in it that are also present in the human body and some of them are the feel good ones! Venom also helps build the immune system.

One thing to keep in mind is that someone starting on BVT may experience a punk feeling within two weeks. That is because a large number of pathogens are being killed off and the body is a bit overwhelmed. Drink water to help flush. The sick feeling will go away.

Bee venom allergy is nothing to fool with. Anyone starting BVT should do a test sting to check for allergy. Wait 15 minutes. EPI pens are good to have right next to you when doing BVT.

Do not sting on an empty stomach.

Sting these areas:

1. Painful areas and trigger areas (spots that hurt when pressed firmly with a thumb)
    2. Scars (eventually every inch all along the scar). Sting moles.
    3. Spine (eventually every inch all along the spine - directly over spine or in pairs on either side)
    4. Along nerve pathways (similar to acccupuncture areas)
    5. Along infection areas. Also use propolis and honey mixture for open wounds.

Never sting eyes or ears. .(

Apitherapists suggest taking propolis, Vitamin C, royal jelly, honey, bee bread (pollen mixed with honey and aged 2 weeks on counter) orally especially while doing apitherapy. Your body needs the Vitamin C for repair work.

It is important to sting the spine as well as the problem area, because the nerves follow down the spine from the brain to the problem area.

I always ice first and leave the stingers in for 15 minutes. I usually don't feel the ones go into my back spinal area, but my wrists and palm areas just above the wrist are quite tender.

Wish I knew all this stuff when I badly broke my ankle in 2004. Ripped everything too. I may have a new "patient" as my son broke his elbow and may have tore stuff there. So much for that nice snowboarding vacation in Colorado!
    Is it summer yet?

Forgot to mention...............honey is great for pain and speeds healing of sun burn and temperature burns. Honey speeds healing and prevents/treats infection. Reduces scarring.

Get that honey on asap to stop the pain.

Sunburn? Get in the shower and slather on the honey and wait for about 20 minutes. Rinse.

We used honey on a kid's leg when he burned it on a hot motorcycle muffler. Bad burn that healed nicely with very little scarring. Honey kept the wound clean, moist, healed it fast and kept the gauze bandage from sticking. Honey stops the burn from burning. It seems to pull the water out of a burn blister and gets the skin to lay back down. Honey nourishes the tissues and keeps them oxygenated.

Take honey with you when you travel!
    Is it summer yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Harley Craig View Post
    sent a request to join
    I'd love to have you post your story on the FB page. While it's not just about BVT, I like to have the personal testimonies out there. Many of the Apitherapy members are beekeepers and the whole idea of using bees for pain is new to them.

I have Apitherapy clients that rent nuc hives all season long. During winter months when the nucs are in my apaiary, they purchase bees from those same nucs.
    It is a lot cheaper than pain meds or arthritis meds and I make a few bucks as well. Win/win.

Yall suck it up, no need for ice, just poke their butt to the hurting spot and get it over with.
    The more I learn about bees, the less I know.

Thanks for all the responses. The pain in my knee is gone but to make sure I did give the spot another sting yesterday. I was surprised that there was barely any pain this time. The spot had a little reaction at site but no swelling of my leg this time. I don`t think it was placebo affect but who knows and as long as it worked I am a believer and will do it again if the pain comes back.

I had severe left shoulder pain for about 18 months. I previously had surgery on my right shoulder so I knew the symptoms were the same an it was a torn rotator cuff and labrum. The re-hab from surgery was awful so I knew I did not want to go through that again which is why I lived with ot for 18 months. I started a series of stings 2 to 3 times a week at the most tender part of my shoulder for several weeks. It did not seem to be getting better so I stopped. After a couple more weeks I realized my shoulder was no longer hurting.

Works on my worn out knee too!

Call me crazy if you want, but I am a believer!

Quote Originally Posted by Canhona View Post

"Most the 40 ingredients in bee venom have been identified," says Cohen. "Mellitin, an anti-inflammatory agent found in the venom, is one hundred times stronger than cortisone." Cool...didn't know that.

"Bee venom also contains a substance known as adolapin, which is both anti-inflammatory and pain-blocking. Practitioners believe all the ingredients in bee venom work together to cause the body to release more natural healing compounds in its own defense. Bee venom is also said to increase blood circulation and reduce swelling.

""Fifty-eight percent had a very positive response and got significantly better," says Hauser. "But 30 percent had no benefit, and one patient got worse."
    40 ingredients? Since when does the number of ingredients have to do with something being effective or not? Crude oil has thousands of ingredients, so I guess slathering you knee with oil is better.

As as far as adolapin, classic symptoms of bee stings are swelling, inflammation, pain, and itching. Seems ridicules to say that bee venom relieves these things.

"Natural healing compounds". Good grief, what is that?
    Honey Badger Don't Care ಠ_ಠ ~=[,,_,,]:3

Nabber if you don't think it works don't try it

Where did you gather that the quote said the more ingredients the better? It doesn't. It just says that most of the 40 ingredients had been identified. Not sure how you could extrapolate that means the more the better.
    The more I learn about bees, the less I know.

Stings help reduce pain in my knees quite a bit. I am quite tolerant of stings, having taken somewhere between 450 and 700 stings in a single day.

Also helpful is Naproxen Sodium. One pill reduces swelling for as long as a week.

The following method was tried on me only once - it seemed to work for 2 days. A friend put low-grade Marijuana leaves in a blender with some rubbing alcohol, poured the puree into a pair of socks, and wrapped my knees with the socks. An hour later, the pain was gone. No "high", not a scientific study, I do not smoke the stuff. I was quite surprised, but the administrator of the treatment said, "Ask ANY Mexican". Most of them agree that it works for rheumatoid arthritis.

Which works best? Probably the Naproxen Sodium. What is best for the price? The bees, hands down. I would expect that results will vary for individuals.

Bee stings don't "cure" anything. Venom stimulates the immune response from the body including pain relief. Stings can awaken a sluggish immune system.
    Is it summer yet?

Like I have said, your better off getting prolotherapy.

OK, I think I am due for this treatment as well.
    The overused runner knees take too long to heal and I have 3 weeks to recover before an event.
    Bees are out.
    Time for few injections.
    Have not done this before (not to the knees).
    Fingers crossed.
    Former "smoker boy". Classic, square 12 frame Dadants >> Long hive/Short frame/chemical-free experimentations.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12