I'd post more if not for Mann Lake - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: I'd post more if not for Mann Lake

Sure wish they would us the same prices as someone walking in the store. 11% versus 40%

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

@DPSsbees, the order was going to be a few $100, I think the software glitched, cuz shipping was over 300. I just said "nope!", The foundation alone would have been more than $100. I meant, a shipping box, with several items. I closed it at lightning speed. Never used ML before. Maybe I'll have a go again tommorrow.

I just placed an order with ML. $103, with 11% off & free shipping. The cart at BB, for essentially the same items was $163. The ML email deluge was annoying, but easily deleted en-mass.
    After 40 years of beekeeping, I've come to realize that the bees can fix most of my mistakes.

I don't know how many times I've unsubscribed from their emails. Every time I order I'm resubscribed lol Easy enough to fix
    Zone 5 @ 4700 ft. High Desert

after the 8th email like 3 days ago it got its own filter to the "internet deals spam" folder

Default Re: Anyone else getting spammed to death by Mann Lake?

yes,i hit the unsubscribe and that stopped it

I don't get any, other than order confirmations.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryVanderpool View Post
    Just look at the bottom of their e-mail and you will find a utility to opt-out of future e-mails.
    Not the end of the world....

Of course its not the end of the world, but it shows a change in the way they are approaching customers. It just strikes me as odd, given I've been doing business with them for the past 15 years. In the past sale flyers and emailing were much more succinct, not this constant bombarding of the exact same message. Yeah, I got it about 20+ emails ago. And no, I don't want to unsubscribe at this point because I still purchase a lot from Mann Lake and it would be nice to be notified (once or perhaps twice).
    Horseshoe Point Honey -- http://localvahoney.com/

I was getting tons, finally had to unsubscribe

Meh, they all go into one folder here...CTRL-A, DEL and gone.

I did think that 5 or 6 a day was a little retarded, but it didn't bother me much...would have been a different story if I was still on dial-up and didn't have image download turned off.
    If you want to be successful, study successful people and do what they do.
    Zone 4a/b

I noticed it as well. However, I did buy twice on it. They were things I wanted but didn't have to have immediately. I was working bees this weekend and learned what woodenware had gone bad and needed to be replaced. I'm glad I've got them heading in now. Almost did it a 3rd time but couldn't get to $100 for free freight the last time. I use Betterbee for all my container purchases as the freight is free if you buy in bulk.
    Ninja, is not in the dictionary. Well played Ninja's, well played...

Comparison shopping again - this time for Mama Bears ( 1-1/2 lbs).

BB bulk, $ $199 for 150 bears & lids that't 3x "50 for $66.45", "free" S&H. $1.32 ea
    ML bulk, $100 for 185 bears & 250 lids, S&H, $60 = $160/185+ $ .86 ea
    and the winner is....
    ML 24 pack - $18.50 for 24 bears & lids, times 6 (to get free S&H) = $111 for 144, free shipping. $.77 ea

It makes little sense that bulk orders don't qualify for free shipping at ML - I've gotten HUGE heavy boxes of wooden ware (shipped free).
    Last edited by Colobee; 03-08-2016 at 11:05 AM.
    After 40 years of beekeeping, I've come to realize that the bees can fix most of my mistakes.

Glad to see that I'm not the only one that contacted them about the ridiculous amount of messages. (I did sign up to receive messages carlson, but not 4 a day.) I buy a lot from them and but filling my email box every few days is not what I signed up for. I told them I did like receiving an occasional message but unfortunately they killed that.

Wayne

Mann Lake has most of their products on Amazon with Prime shipping

I admit it was rather excessive but you all sure complain a lot. I can take excess emails for a company that has great customer service, better prices and free shipping over $100 any day. Even though I'm completely a small time guy, i saved over $50 by ordering my stuff now rather than waiting.

One or maybe two emails advertising the specifics of the sale would have been sufficient to pique the interest of potential shoppers, but twenty emails (I just counted them) over the course of five days was excessive and annoying. I haven't unsubscribed, as I still like to hear about sales... just not twenty times!

Wonder how their customer service department would handle a pile a spam rotting back on their own lap? Whats the difference than if I need to take time to filter through their stuff before dealing with my customers. Bottom line is both of us would need to take away valuable time from caring for our respective customers if I tossed it back at em. What a waste of time.

I tried to reach the Manager at Woodland to discuss the issue yesterday. Rang a million times and I finally hung up.

FYI they got us for over 2k in queen supplies today so I'm not opposed to doing business with them. All I'm asking for is for them to respect our time as I'm sure they wish we would do for them. Anyone have Jack or Stewarts personal home number or cell phone? ( Just kidding)

I always place my orders to ML over the telephone. This gives me the opportunity to ensure the free shipping and discuss anything that might lead to a misunderstanding. So far, no problems. I suspect there is a new advertising manager that "just don't get it." I wish I could find the individual who introduced this new "spam policy". Perhaps I could send that person several thousand "super great!! and wonderful offers at a %50 discount for a Siberian Yak. Something that person doesn't need or want, at any price. Or, maybe I should just "cool my jets" and wait for the hive to supercede them.

This is my final word on this subject. Thank you for tolerating me. LP

Quote Originally Posted by TomG View Post
    you all sure complain a lot.
    I'm just having a little fun with the situation. However, I am curious, which Mann Lake email spurred you into placing your recent order, #1, #2, #3,...., or did you finally give in at #40 ?
    Horseshoe Point Honey -- http://localvahoney.com/

Quote Originally Posted by AstroBee View Post
    I'm just having a little fun with the situation. However, I am curious, which Mann Lake email spurred you into placing your recent order, #1, #2, #3,...., or did you finally give in at #40 ?
    ha truth be told i got the flyer in the mail which originally notified me of the sale. I did place another order when they extended the sale.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast