Ventilated Suit for Daily Use - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Ventilated Suit for Daily Use

I've had my Ultrabreeze jacket for 3 years and it has held up perfectly. I don't wear it unless I'm going to be doing something that is sure to stir up hate and discontent among the girls but every time I wear it I'm glad I spent the money on it.

I've had a lot of different jackets since the 80's and the Ultrabreeze is the best by far.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

>I will not wear the fencing veil regardless of how good the jacket.

It's your choice of course, but why? The Ultra Breeze has a head band that keeps it away from your face and it only gets in my face anyway if I'm flat on my back and when I'm flat on my back I can't stand a helmet... I will not buy anything but a fencing veil. I love them. They fold flat, don't get bent, and there is no helmet to get in my way.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 42y 40h 39yTF

I like my Mann Lake vented suit. This will be the 3rd year I've used it, and it's still going strong.
    I'm the dude, so that's what you call me.

This is my first year with a Mann Lake jacket. Still too early to tell how the zippers will hold up, but I sure do enjoy the difference from cloth to mesh. I will never be without one from here on.

It looks like the Ultrabreeze is the clear winner (I am also investigating ventilated options) but it is a little costly. I am interested to know if anyone has specific experience with this one from PerfectBee?

https://store.perfectbee.com/product...-body-bee-suit

At face value, it seems like it has the same three-layered mesh as the Ultrabreeze but is considerably cheaper.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

Clive

At a quick glance the first difference I noticed was the zipper. Looks like a small gauge plastic/nylon zipper compared to the heavy brass zipper on the Ultrabreeze.

Biggest cost difference may be due to the Ultrabreeze being manufactured in the USA and since its not mentioned in the description, I'd guess the perfectbee suit is made in China.

Can't tell the quality of material or stitching from the pics.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeEater2 View Post
    At a quick glance the first difference I noticed was the zipper. Looks like a small gauge plastic/nylon zipper compared to the heavy brass zipper on the Ultrabreeze.

Biggest cost difference may be due to the Ultrabreeze being manufactured in the USA and since its not mentioned in the description, I'd guess the perfectbee suit is made in China.

Yes, could be. If it's down to the zipper then I'd probably go with the PerfectBee one (not sure I want to be paying $75+ extra for a nice zipper ). Not sure where it's manufactured though, so you may be right.

I just found that they have a non-suit (just jacket and veil) option too, which might be preferable for me: https://store.perfectbee.com/collect...cket-with-veil.

The use of the three-layer mesh for a considerably lower price is intriguing to me though. I might go that route. Considering...

Thanks again.

Clive

Do any of the bee companies like Kelley's, Dadant, Mann Lake sell the Ultrabreeze or are they all knock-offs?
    I'm of the age that anything I wear I'm roasting in!

All knock offs. One thing to remember is that they do melt If you get to close to fire. Ask me how I know.

I bought one of the new Mann Lake ventilated suits. It seems like a really well made suit. I have used on a couple 80 + degree days.

Quote Originally Posted by CliveW View Post
    It looks like the Ultrabreeze is the clear winner (I am also investigating ventilated options) but it is a little costly. I am interested to know if anyone has specific experience with this one from PerfectBee?

https://store.perfectbee.com/product...-body-bee-suit

At face value, it seems like it has the same three-layered mesh as the Ultrabreeze but is considerably cheaper.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

Clive
    The one pictured looks pretty good, the Ultra Breeze suit's zippered legs is what makes me want that one. But this one's boot zippers look helpful. Looks like if you took off the hood, just to cool off a minute, the suit zips up more around your necklace like a regular shirt. I like that. The price is way better! Let me know if you buy one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimzy View Post
    The one pictured looks pretty good, the Ultra Breeze suit's zippered legs is what makes me want that one. But this one's boot zippers look helpful. Looks like if you took off the hood, just to cool off a minute, the suit zips up more around your necklace like a regular shirt. I like that. The price is way better! Let me know if you buy one.
    Will do. I think I am going to go with the jacket and veil version (this one: https://store.perfectbee.com/collect...cket-with-veil), not the whole body suit.

I'm no expert so not really sure what to expect. I originally thought the idea of protection from stings and ventilation where mutually exclusive! But this thread has me thinking otherwise. I do know the non-ventilated one I currently have is a little too "toasty" for me on a hot day.

I also like the look of the veil design on the PerfectBee one. Seems just like wearing a nice sunhat - with a veil -) And, as you say, it's considerably less than the UltraBreeze one (though I am intrigued about that one too).

I can report back here if you like. Fingers crossed...

Thanks.

Clive

(Oooops - sorry for the duplicate message. Apparently I can edit, but not delete, the duplicate - so doing that here. Sorry again).

I don't wear ventilate jacket every day but it gets abused. It's from Rossman Apiaries. It has good brass zippers. It's 3 layers, 2 mesh with a net in the middle. I've never been stung through it. If I ripped a hole in it today I would, without hesitation order another one just like it, except with a hat and veil not the fencing veil.
    The more I learn about bees, the less I know.

I just received my ventilated jacket from Rossman Apiaries also with the hat not the fencing veil. It has brass zippers and looks like it has a few layers making it hard for the bees to sting through. Only time will tell how good it is.

Another vote for ultrabreeze here.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeEater2 View Post

I emailed Perfect Bee and the suits are not made in America.

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Bee Sales Dept
    The UltraBreeze suits are very impressive and have they built a great name for themselves. Frankly, I am not sure if you can really go wrong with them. Although I am not 100% sure, I believe they are made in America. I respect and understand that this will be an important factor to many.

That said, our bee suit is also very good quality. So, Id certainly respect any decision to go with an UltraBreeze but if someone is looking for a very good quality alternative at a significantly lower price then Id gently suggest our bee suit (or jacket/veil combo) would be worthy of consideration.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12