Anyone have any nucs, packages, or complete hives available now....

Default Anyone have any nucs, packages, or complete hives available now....

I have bee's on order for end of April, but want an earlier jump start.. I will travel 150 miles from Abbeville Al. Would be interested in at least 4. Thanks for any help..... Richard

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Anyone have any nucs, packages, or complete hives available now....

There are some folks in Shreveport that sell complete hives on Craigslist.

Quote Originally Posted by devil dog View Post
    There are some folks in Shreveport that sell complete hives on Craigslist.
    He will probably have to buy nucs or hives in Alabama. I don't think they allow any bees on comb to come into the state.
    Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted. - Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by beemandan View Post
    He will probably have to buy nucs or hives in Alabama. I don't think they allow any bees on comb to come into the state.
    Off topic, sorry: Being from Alabama I have also noted the law that does not allow any nuc/hive product to be brought into the state. Does anyone know if there a valid reason for this law? Is it only to keep beekeepers from buying hives from out of state or does it also restrict someone from just transporting bees through Alabama? Who enforces such a law?

Sorry Richard, I am also still looking for a local contact so I can get started early. If I find someone I will let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Groundhwg View Post
    Off topic, sorry: Being from Alabama I have also noted the law that does not allow any nuc/hive product to be brought into the state. Does anyone know if there a valid reason for this law? Is it only to keep beekeepers from buying hives from out of state or does it also restrict someone from just transporting bees through Alabama? Who enforces such a law?

Sorry Richard, I am also still looking for a local contact so I can get started early. If I find someone I will let you know.
    Not a problem. There some folks here in Bama that will have them next month. I can hook you up with some #'s if you want. I just want em now. Just lost a weak hive, and am sick.

You are right. But I beleive packages are allowed, and that would work for me too. I can get a local queen........... Thanks for the replies. Now if only I can get one witha " Come on down, we have pleanty", LOLOLOL
    Quote Originally Posted by beemandan View Post