4.1-16-02. Beekeeper's license - Application - Declaration.
1. Before a person may act as a beekeeper in this state, the person must be licensed by
the agriculture commissioner.
2. To obtain a beekeeper's license, a person must complete an application and submit it
to the commissioner.
3. The application must include:
a. The applicant's name, address, and telephone number;
b. The maximum number of colonies to be located in or placed in this state; and
c. The name, address, and telephone number of a resident agent who is authorized
to accept service of process.
4. As a condition of licensure, the applicant shall declare that:
a. An apiary will not be placed at a location without first obtaining the consent of the
property owner; and
b. An apiary will be relocated at the request of the agriculture commissioner if:
(1) The commissioner, after examining documentary evidence, has determined
that the health or welfare of an individual is endangered as a result of the
(2) The individual referenced in paragraph 1 resides on land contiguous to that
on which the apiary has been placed;
(3) The commissioner has identified another acceptable location for placement
of the apiary; and
(4) There are no other contractual or other legal impediments to the relocation.