Hello from Harrodsburg, KY!

Default Hello from Harrodsburg, KY!

Hello! I've been reading these forums for a couple of years now and finally decided to create an account. I'm a beekeeper in central Kentucky with 3 of 3 hives still alive as of today.

I work at Shaker Village of Pleasant Hill, and have been helping them develop both a production and education apiary, as well as pollinator education programming. The Village is a private non profit, National Historic Landmark with about 3,000 acres and 30 or so historic structures. It's a fabulous place to work and they have been wonderfully supportive of creating new pollinator programs. I feel so lucky to work at a place that lets me do some of the things I'd like to do in my free time anyway!

Anyway, just wanted to say hello and introduce myself I look forward to learning from folks here!

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Hello from Harrodsburg, KY!

Welcome to the forum.

I've been to Shaker Village. What an honor to work there. This would be a dream come true job for me. Count yourself as blessed! Welcome to the forum. There are a lot of smart folks here.

Ibeetom,
    I have a cousin, Jimmy Sprague who is a retired teacher from Harrodsburg. What a nice town you live in.

Welcome to BeeSource!
    "Sometimes the best action, with bees, is no action at all."

Welcome!
    americasbeekeeper.com
    [email protected]

welcome
    wouldnt we all like to have access to that type of acreage to put bees on, envious

Welcome!

Welcome from Western Kentucky. Shaker Village sounds like a great weekend adventure for my family! Good luck with your bees this year, things are about to start getting fun with the weather improving and spring around the corner!

Tim

Thank you all for the warm welcome! It certainly is a privilege to work here. The management has been incredibly supportive of the bee and other pollinator programs I've proposed. I am trying to create a set of education programs and business model that will truly support honeybees, native pollinators, and beekeeping as a form of sustainable agriculture. I think this forum will be a great way to get ideas and find out what has been successful for other beekeepers!