Apiary Acquisitions

Default Apiary Acquisitions

Hi, I'm new to the website! Does anyone know if any apiaries are actively selling their entire operation? Specifically, an apiary that engages in pollination contracts with farmers? I am interested in acquiring a beekeeping operation in order to get up to scale. Please let me know if you have any information or helpful resources. Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Apiary Acquisitions

Check the American Bee Journal's classified section. Maybe check craigslist to.

How large an operation are you looking for? Craiglist isn't a bad place to start or as beesohappy says, Bee Journal, or maybe even the local ag papers might have listings for people selling bees. Sometimes you can get loads of bees after almonds for cheap, but I don't know if that's what your looking for, just the bees or are you looking for extracting facilities, grower contracts, and outyards as well.

Thank you for the quick replies! I'll be sure to check American Bee Journal and Craigslist.

In regards to how big of an operation, I'm looking for anything but preferably a small or mid-sized operation that may be thinking about exiting the industry.

I'm looking for pollination contracts, connections with farmers, facilities/land to house bees, equipment, etc..

Your help is greatly appreciated. Anything helps! Thanks again!

Sent pm.

Quote Originally Posted by IUBees View Post
    Hi, I'm new to the website! Does anyone know if any apiaries are actively selling their entire operation? Specifically, an apiary that engages in pollination contracts with farmers? I am interested in acquiring a beekeeping operation in order to get up to scale. Please let me know if you have any information or helpful resources. Thanks!
    So will these be your first bees? Alot of folks just start with a package or two...not an entire business..

Technology is great.....when it works.

Quote Originally Posted by brettj777 View Post
    So will these be your first bees? Alot of folks just start with a package or two...not an entire business..

This will not be my first experience with beekeeping. I feel confident in my abilities - just trying to expand.

Welcome to BeeSource and hope your expansion plans work out well for you.
    "Sometimes the best action, with bees, is no action at all."

Thank you for the quick replies! I'll be sure to check American Bee Journal and Craigslist.

In regards to how big of an operation, I'm looking for anything but preferably a small or mid-sized operation that may be thinking about exiting the industry.

I'm looking for pollination contracts, connections with farmers, facilities/land to house bees, equipment, etc..

Your help is greatly appreciated. Anything helps! Thanks again!
    How much do you have to spend? Since you are asking people from all parts of the country, I assume you are willing to relocate?
    Mark Berninghausen

This will not be my first experience with beekeeping. I feel confident in my abilities - just trying to expand.
    Is your Profile up to date?
    Mark Berninghausen