Getting bees to draw comb & swarm prevention - Opening the Sides - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Getting bees to draw comb & swarm prevention - Opening the Sides

I think you can, but inspect often to keep them from building under the bottom bar.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jcolon View Post
    I think you can, but inspect often to keep them from building under the bottom bar.
    What would be considered often? Weekly? More frequently than that? We're going into flow season, lots of trees and wildflowers blooming.

in that case, I would say every three days. Im assuming you want to remove the medium drawn frames into a medium 8 frame box, right? If that the case you don't have to wait for them to pull them all the way down. In a good flow they will pull frames fast.

Quote Originally Posted by jcolon View Post
    in that case, I would say every three days. Im assuming you want to remove the medium drawn frames into a medium 8 frame box, right? If that the case you don't have to wait for them to pull them all the way down. In a good flow they will pull frames fast.
    Exactly what I was thinking, thanks!

Yes, smaller frames in a deep works fine. You just may have to cut comb off the bottom of a frame if you leave it there too long. I would say weekly should be fine with Mediums. But it depends on the amount of incoming nectar too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12