Will oxalic acid kill Bt aizawai if used together in a hive?

Default Will oxalic acid kill Bt aizawai if used together in a hive?

I had a thought this morning when I went online to order some Bt aizawai. If I use oxalic acid as my treatment for mites, will it have an affect on the bt aizawai i used? Hopefully this is a question that can be answered in lamen's terms. Thanks guys!

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Will oxalic acid kill Bt aizawai if used together in a hive?

I don't know the answer to your specific question, but BT Aizawai is supposed to be used on empty comb that's going into storage. Why would they be on the hive during OAV treatments?
    To everything there is a season....

All my equipment gets used for what ever I need it for at the time. Deeps for honey if the combs fresh or needs to be drawn out and honey supers if I need to give the bees room to expand for splits.

I had a huge loss (80%) this year from not treating for mites (I'll never do that again) and the boxes that I spayed with bt aizawai last spring seemed to hold up much better against the wax moth. I'm definitely using it again this spring but got to thinking about the two being used together. Would the oxalic acid be departmental to the bt aizawai?

I wouldn't worry about it. I use BT and oxalic too. The BT is to protect the stored comb as mentioned above. The bees will patrol the comb once it is in the hive and keep out wax moths. You will need to re-treat stored comb again in the Spring if it will continue to be stored in the garage or other semi-open area, as I learned the hard way.

Jim.