Wisconsin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wisconsin

Default Wisconsin

Bee's just started swarming here 7/1/08, I had one hugh swarm, thay left after hived one day. Then my bee's I installed in april in a Warre hive swarmed, at least 40,000 strong, half gone now. They went over to my nieghbors empty hive box's and took up residence. Oh well there will be more soon to try and catch.

IHS/cdc

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

One of my hives swarmed on 8-14-2008 here in Larsen WI. Have no idea how they think they will have time to build up before winter..... will probably combine them in with a weaker hive later in the fall.

Default swarm in Madison WI

April 28, 2009. Coolish weather. 2nd year hive.

Default Wisconsin swarm

Received an email last night about a swarm in their front yard tree. I stopped this morning on the way to work... shook them into a box, the ones on the ground started to march on in. Will stop back tonight and pick them up. Hope they stay in there until then. Just south of Oshkosh WI 54901

Default Re: Please Post your Swarm Dates?

Got home from work today and had a large swarm in my pear tree. Boxed it up and set it with the others. Larsen WI 54947

hive swarmed on July 8 2009 this was a little late did not catch them darn
    Wishing you all the best of tomorrows and good honey

excuse my tardiness. i had 3 swarms from my own hives last yr 2 on june 19 and another on june 20. only one was successfully re-hived.

thomas

Had a swarm move into a bait hive in my backyard yesterday, Eau Claire WI 54701.

Got my first swarm call of the season yesterday 5/18/10. Larsen WI 54947. I need to start bringing my camera. It was by far the largest swarm I have ever seen in person. They were very gentile, I got them home last night, and all looks good.

5-26-2010

Swarm landed in a pile of supers on the back porch. Elderly neighbor lady reported, (like that time a few years ago, sky got darker).

53051 (S.E. Wisconsin)

Roland

June 29th, 2010 - Saw them swarm at about 11:00am. About 15 feet up in a tree right by the original hive. Cut them down and put them in a new hive. As of 9:00pm, all's well.
    "It seemed like a good idea at the time." - from The Magnificent Seven

3rd swarm of season, 2nd from my yard. June 30th, saw them swarm at about 1:00pm, landed in a nearby apple tree. I was able to retrieve them and install in a deep I slapped together in about 10 minutes.

With splits, I now have twice the number of colonies I intended to have this year.

Driving on Warner road at Sibley in St.Paul, MN this morning I saw a swarm in a tree 6 ft off ground. Had no bee gear with me. On the way home I borrowed a bankers box, caught swarm in it and took it home. All I had on was Jeans, T-shirt, and sandals. My 7 year-old said "Bad idea dad, you could have had a thousand stings and would have been one big scab".

Two more swarms - one on July 8th, landed way up in a tree near my yard, but i was able to capture and get it in a five frame nuc.

On July 12th, another swarm, I guess from my yard, but I don't see how. I checked my hives for queen cells a week ago, but any way... I was able to capture this one and get it in a hive.

The first swarm of the year was a thrill, but now I'm sick of 'em!

Yesterday, saw my colony swarm and caught it.

5-28-2011
    Menomonee Falls, Wis (S.E. WIS.)
    Received a swarm in the bait supers on the back porch. Not real big. Last years had a marked queen from that year.
    Our production colonies are only showing minor swarm indicators.

Crazy Roland

We had a big swarm move into a dead out on Saturday June 18th. Massive swarm that filled two deeps.

And I just got a call that another swarm moved into one of my traps on Sunday the 19th. If they're still there I'll pick them up tomorrow morning.

Zip code 54013, Glenwood City, Wisconsin.

Default Wisconsin

Had a swarm move into a bait hive in my backyard last week while I was on vacation, what a nice surprise.

Default Re: A LOT of swarms in three weeks time.

We have had six swarms in the last two- three weeks. We captured four and gave them new TBH homes. Went from three hives (intended) for this year up to seven. Please give suggestions as to how to combine the smaller captured swarms as we are concerned they may not have enough time to develop in numbers and prepare for winter here in cold Wisconsin. All but one swarm seems to have come from our own hives. We are not in this for the honey production, we enjoy the bees and are happy to have them populate and increase their numbers.

Late posting this, but saw/had?/caught my first swarm on the 25th of June...25-30 feet up and basketball size...hopefully I can eventually post video of it. Covered half the lens on my phone when they left the hive, so no good video of that! 53182

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast