Tennessee - Page 12
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Tennessee

Swarm #14 (4/21) wrapped around a trash tree. Ended up using a strap and tractor to pull the tree over enough to shake into a bucket. Caught the queen in a clip and gave them a frame of eggs to entice them to stay.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Zone 7a - 1650ft

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Swarm #15 (4/22) off the bluff. On a horizontal limb so I was able to use a bucket and pole to get them. Saw the queen go into the box while it was on the ground. Set on some blocks until tomorrow.
    Zone 7a - 1650ft

Default Re: Tennessee

4/19/19
    37331, Etowah
    Caught a swarm in an old trap with a rat nest in it and infested with wax moth cacoons. No LG oil or swarm commander.

4/23/19
    37331, Etowah
    Caught another swarm in an old wax moth infested trap. This one did have swarm commander recently sprayed. Not sure why the bees are picking the fixer uppers over the move in ready traps but it works for me.

Swarms popping up everywhere, only able to get to 4 or 5 in the past few days.

1. Followed, but lost a swarm that was flying through a field (Lebanon, TN)
    2. Caught and hived a swarm hanging on one of my swarm traps. 2lb swarm (Lebanon, TN)
    3. Swarm moved into vacant equipment in my Watertown, TN beeyard 2lbs
    4. Hived swarm caught in trap in Watertown, TN 2lbs
    The beard distinguishes the grown man. When we describe such, we say, he is a bearded man - St. Augustine

Swarm #16 (4/27) in the loblolly pine tree. I was mowing the adjacent field and saw them head towards the pill bottle. Shook them in a nuc box due to size of swarm. Moved them to a stand this morning.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Zone 7a - 1650ft

Deleted due to pic rotation.
    Last edited by Spur9; 05-04-2019 at 06:23 PM.
    Zone 7a - 1650ft

Swarm #17 (5/3) in the loblolly pine tree. Came home from work early to grill chicken as requested by the wife. Guests coming over to eat got a nice treat watching me shake them in a box. Couldn’t wait due to nasty weather on its way.

Inspected them after the storms on Saturday. Already pulling comb. Saw the queen. Gave them a half gallon of 2:1.
    Zone 7a - 1650ft

Maybe it was the strength of my hives coming out of winter but this has been the worst swarming year I've ever experienced in five years of beekeeping.
    Beekeeping 6 Years - 12 production hives and about 12 nucs - Treatment OAV Only

Swarm #18 (6/15) - in the loblolly pine tree. Got back in town from vacation late Saturday. Glad I decided to walk up to the bee yard that evening. I shook them in a box with 10 frames of comb taken from a dead out. The frames had some shb damage. I scraped out the really nasty sections.
    Zone 7a - 1650ft

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112