Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Kansas

28K views 53 replies 21 participants last post by  Lee Bussy 
#1 · (Edited)
picked up a swarm 7/14/07 a little smaller than a soccerball from the front edge of a 5th wheel camper at wellington lake at wellington kansas 8:30 in the evening swarm was noticed at 5:00 pm temp 89 degrees and humid camper parked about 100 yards from the lake in a row of trees dont know why they chose the camper :D

#28 ·
Re: Please Post your Swarm Dates?

5/15/15 66401 Captured 2 swarms this morning. One 20' feet up above my hives and another on a tree limb 5' feet up and 20 yards from my hives. The taller ones were from a hive that had 2 recently hatched queen cells. The lower one looks like it was from a nuke I queened a month ago and had just moved into 2 deeps Monday.

#29 ·
Re: Please Post your Swarm Dates?

Two swarms today, 6/22, one high in my cedar tree, one low in the same tree...likely both from my hives, but I've not been able to determine that yet. I've been concerned about being nectar/honey bound in a few of my hives. We'll know more tomorrow. I got them both for now, but that may or may not take.

#30 ·
What is needed:

• zip code, city or county
  • date when the bees swarmed or when you found the swarm.
  • comments - example: if the swarm came from your hive, or if you were called to pick up a swarm, how long was it there. This is not for cutouts unless the bees just took up residence and are not established. It would also be great to include a small photo of the swarm.

This forum is not for general discussion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.