Iowa - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Iowa

Default Re: Iowa

I caught 6 swarms this year, but only 1 last year. This was my first year being retired, so I was around full time for people to contact me about swarms. I also get calls about hornets and wasps, but I try to ask enough questions so I know if it's bees or not.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by LeonardS View Post
    I caught 6 swarms this year, but only 1 last year. This was my first year being retired, so I was around full time for people to contact me about swarms. I also get calls about hornets and wasps, but I try to ask enough questions so I know if it's bees or not.
    Yeah my wasp call sounded promising lady said she had honey bees living inside her hot tub surround. turned out is was wasps living under her jaccuzi.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonardS View Post
    I have found that cell phones and emails are enormously helpful in weeding out the wasp/hornet/yellowjacket people. Just about everyone (except hubby and me, lol) has cellphones with cameras these days, and many/most people can send emails right from their phones. Saves a lot of running around.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12