swarm commander vs ultra breeze bee suit - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: swarm commander vs ultra breeze bee suit

Quote Originally Posted by snl View Post
    I "hear" you Scott, but it still rides up no matter. The fencing strap was just a thought/suggestion that no one else selling jackets offers .... could set you apart...
    Maybe you can come to the store soon and check out jackets out. I actually have had them made slightly longer than typical. I am a bee removal guy and uncovering "crack" isn't something I'm fond of with pissed off bees.
    Scott Derrick- Creator Of - Honey-B-Gone Swarm Commander

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by rsderrick View Post
    John,

Have you ever tried our suits and jackets. I think you'll be surprised how much money you'll save and how satisfied you will be with the quality and craftsmanship.

http://www.blythewoodbeecompany.com/...eeping-jacket/
    Scott,

No I have not sir. I myself am a suit guy and not a jacket guy. I watched the video of the jacket. Do you have a video of the suit and of the inside of the suit?
    John

Well folks I order a swarm commander suit (cool shield brand ) I have been in contact with Scott and he has been very helpful I will let u all know what I think when I receive it , I am going to use the $100 I saved to buy more bees

Quote Originally Posted by Cjj View Post
    Well folks I order a swarm commander suit (cool shield brand ) I have been in contact with Scott and he has been very helpful I will let u all know what I think when I receive it , I am going to use the $100 I saved to buy more bees
    I am very tempted too. The Dadant ventilated suit is close in price and I have seen it in person so, it is a contender for me as well so I am VERY interested in your assessment and review.
    Sid Post, Novice BEEK from East Texas between I-20 and I-30

Dadant shipping was $19 swarm commander was $6 ? That's the American way that is why I shop around

Quote Originally Posted by Cjj View Post
    Same here. A) I'm not 100% certain beekeeping is something I want to do, I'm 95% sure, but I'm going to go play with someone else's bees for a while, B) I'm on a limited budget and could use that $$ on other supplies. I've also been in contact with Scott and seems that customer service is priority with him, that goes a long ways (I'm not saying CS isn't great with the others, I don't know, haven't dealt with any of the yet).

I can also attest for the altra breeze, we own several of them.
    The inventor was a long time member of this site, as is his sister.
    Made in USA
    Dan

Well I order my suit on the 8th and got it today super fast shipping ? I talked with Scott about what size to order and he got it right on , so if you do order one I would suggest you check with him first . The suit is very well made, the vail is plenty far away from your face so you could never get stung it does have Velcro around the sleeves it does not have it down on the ankles but it does have heavy elastic around the ankles , all the zipper are good quality I don't see any problem with them it does have a Velcro flap were the zippers come together at the vail and chest, I cannot compare it to the ultra breeze suit but the suit is a quality suit and should last for years

Quote Originally Posted by AstroBee View Post
    I stand corrected. My apologies, however, from the other pictures it did not look like Velcro at the wrists. What do you have at the waist band on the jacket? If elastic, is it heavy duty? I've found that this is an area of failure on other jackets. Why are the sizes so non-standard? Lastly do you have any previews of the inspectors hood?

Thanks
    Astrobee...sorry for the delay in at getting back to you. If you've seen the "clear vue" veil that brush mountain carries...it's much like that. We'll have a much better price point. Also all the veils we sell are interchangeable with all our suits and jackets.
    Scott Derrick- Creator Of - Honey-B-Gone Swarm Commander

I cringed at the price of the UB suit but finally broke down and bought one last year. I do not like the style of hooid it came with so I use a different one. Other than that it is well worth the price IMO. I can't attest to the other ventilated suits but if any of them are made in china then I can say, without hesitation, that they are garbage. Yup, blind judgement. I will never buy a suit made in china.
    "Challenger" as in the Mopar muscle car. Not a personality description .
    Keeping bees to raise money for chordoma.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123