treatment free member listing - Page 5
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Default Re: treatment free member listing

Only one other TF beek from KS so far......? I know there are more out there because I bought TF nucs two years ago from NE KS.

I've treated in the past, but not for the last year or a bit more. I'm planning to try TF for a few years to see if I can maintain my 15-20 colonies. Located in southcentral KS near Wichita.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Tim KS View Post
    Only one other TF beek from KS so far......?
    There is actually a fair number around the Kansas City area I know of. I sell 6 to 10 full size TF colonies a year.

Don Semple - Overland Park, KS

5 years, TF, Foundationless & SC, 20 - 25 hives, Feral Stock (have caught or bred every colony I own)

Bush/Lusby philosophy works for me here

Don

dennis crutchfield central Missouri. I have been treatment free since 2001, started out with buckfast and ferrel bees with 78 hives. Lost all but 12.. now starting back with my own queens and hoping to go over 200 this coming year. This year I did bring in some new blood to try again. Time will tell. will try to sell some survival queens this year.

Hey Everyone,
    We're from Clintonvile, WI.
    Anyone from the area, please PM me I am trying to build a Wisconsin TF contact list!
    Thanks!

I was just kindly invited to add my name to the list. I have been a beekeeper 25 years and have been completely chemical free for 23 of those years(first 2 years I followed the book). I'm in the SW Missouri Ozarks. If you attend the Ozark Area Beekeepers Association meetings in Springfield you have probably heard me speak about chemical free beekeeping.

As you can tell by my moniker I am a beekeeper out of Texas. So if anyone has questions from Texas I can probably address those as well.
    28 years chemical free foundationless. Queen breeder. Hygienic prolific gentle carniolans.

Treatment free since 2011, located in Memphis TN area and willing to help someone out as best I can if I can.

Ed Levi, Mountain Home, AR.
    David Matlock

Sibylle from Germany.

www.VivaBiene.de

It`s possible to log in if you don`t speak german.
    I will try my best to translate,, if you are ever interested in our tf beekeeping under european conditions.

Is not enough to log in with your e-mail address. You have to write an introduction.

Push:
    "Vorstellung neuer Mitglieder"
    "Neues Thema erstellen"
    ---Introduction---
    "Thema speichern"
    Last edited by 1102009; 08-23-2016 at 04:32 AM. Reason: ......

There is a group in the U.K. trying to reestablish and bring back the German A.M.M. black bees.
    Do you have the interest to import some black bees into your operation too? If not now maybe in
    the future sometimes? It is interesting to bring back the a.m.m again in Germany. Too bad we cannot
    import any here.
    Don't mix foreign bees into a virgin hive. She might get balled 100% of the time! When will you ever learn, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by beepro View Post
    There is a group in the U.K. trying to reestablish and bring back the German A.M.M. black bees.
    Do you have the interest to import some black bees into your operation too? If not now maybe in
    the future sometimes? It is interesting to bring back the a.m.m again in Germany. Too bad we cannot
    import any here.
    We have this, too.
    http://www.nordbiene.de
    The problem is that Im surrounded by carniolans and buckfast and I would like to work with those people trying to convince them to go tf. But they want to keep their races.

Myself I`ve got 6 hives AMM, one with pure bred queen from canary island and the hybrids.
    One of my friends has some black bee hives too, these are braunelle.
    In switzerland there is someone I know who breeds nigra.
    These are strains brought back from the original black european bees.

But we have such crowded living conditions it`s not always possible to have those because they are not gentle enough.

Personally I believe tf must be possible with all kinds of bees, even mutts, depending on the techniques one uses.

I agree, bee pro. Shame we can't import. Could be a real boost to TF for both. Hi, Siwolke. You know a good German English translation site on line? Would be great to go there & have more join in here.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhawk View Post
    I agree, bee pro. Shame we can't import. Could be a real boost to TF for both. Hi, Siwolke. You know a good German English translation site on line? Would be great to go there & have more join in here.
    Why do you think it a boost?
    They are treated! They are artificial inseminated! They are no ferals! They are not able to cope with our situations, much less then the carniolan "Landrasse" , which is adapted.

In the US there still are strains of bees coming from the formerly imported black european bees. Use those!

Id rather have my small cell mutts, tf, than working with black bees which are treated! Start regressing again! Ever fear they will supersede!

No, sorry, I don`t know any good translation site. I would translate for you what you want to know. But maybe we should open another thread not to be off-topic.
    Last edited by 1102009; 08-24-2016 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SiWolKe View Post
    Why do you think it a boost?
    They are treated! They are artificial inseminated! They are no ferals! They are not able to cope with our situations, much less then the carniolan "Landrasse" , which is adapted.

In the US there still are strains of bees coming from the formerly imported black european bees. Use those!

Id rather have my small cell mutts, tf, than working with black bees which are treated! Start regressing again! Ever fear they will supersede!

No, sorry, I don`t know any good translation site. I would translate for you what you want to know. But maybe we should open another thread not to be off-topic.
    Sorry, Si. I had looked at the link you post & found it in German. As usual, I was assuming that site was a treatment free forum. I don't want any treatment bees either. I was thinking in terms of import & export of non treatment bees.

Don`t apologize, Redhawk.
    It was my mistake.
    I assumed you translated this with a google translator and found it poor.
    Im sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by SiWolKe View Post
    Don`t apologize, Redhawk.
    It was my mistake.
    I assumed you translated this with a google translator and found it poor.
    Im sorry.
    No apologies needed, Siwolke. I was & still am very interested in seeing, hearing how TF Beekeepers around the world are keeping their apiaries. The world is small compared to a hundred years ago, & getting smaller exponentially. Thanks in part to the Internet, I now have friends around the world that I can truly call friends. Should be no deferent with Beekeepers.

Wondering, what if any, is done to form a formal association of Treatment Free Queen Breeders, like the Russian Breeders association. Wouldnt a formal organization, with set goals, processes, assays, formal documentation etc benefit all ?

Year two of managing my own bees, TF. 43 colonies. Almost all my genetics are originating from southern TF nucs I traded work for.

I shared hives for 14 years and was strictly TF for at least the last 12 of those years.

One of last years colonies was from southern treated (T) stock and I made 2 splits from it. Got an OAV vaporizer last year as an experiment and jokingly as a sort of talisman to scare off mites, lol. Treated the three T originating colonies two times last October with OAV and got some mite drop, not nearly what I see some folks posting photos of. All three made it through winter; one went laying worker in April and I shook it out. One of the remaining 2 has spotty brood and I started an OAV treatment last week. Will be going again tomorrow to see those bees.

Have not treated any of the colonies originating from TF stock.

One of the 43 is a swarm I caught June 1. Brood pattern was spotty in early September. I gave it 2 OAV treatments a week apart, am not seeing any mite drop (! Is that possible?). Have seen mites in 2 TF nucs, one mite running on a comb and one feeding on an open worker larvae. Have not treated either of them but am watching them to see what happens.

Everything else is TF, wall to wall brood in many, smaller but dense brood patches in others. All have stored honey; even through our Massachusetts drought, some colonies are up to four 10 frame deeps.

I've been raising my own queens last year and this year for splits both through grafting and crowding.

For a long time I thought localized genetics were really important. But my southern TF stock is doing so well, so far, that I'm reserving further judgement. I'm in touch on a regular basis with the stock originator; we text photos back and forth and compare notes. TF is very little of what is discussed. Mostly we talk about weather, available forage, brood rearing...all the regular beekeeping concerns.

Hope I'm not breaking protocol by being open about the OAV. Its interesting to me to be comparing the T stock and the TF stock, short term and long term.

All my photos are in my Galaxy Note 3 phone, no time right now to figure out how to move them to laptop or post them here from my phone.

Ramona

welcome back to the forum ramona, and thanks for sharing your experiences here. if i may ask, what part of the south did your tf nucs come from?
    journaling the growth of a (mite) treatment free apiary started in 2010. 20+/- hives

Palm Beach County

excellent and many thanks. it's nice to have massachusetts and florida represented in the listing.
    journaling the growth of a (mite) treatment free apiary started in 2010. 20+/- hives

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast