Poster Child - Page 4
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Poster Child

Default Re: Poster Child

I stand corrected, it's actually the Australian distraction.
    https://www.beesource.com/forums/show...ralian+problem
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe."- Andy Rooney

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Oh yes I remember poor old Borderbeeman, a very distracted guy.

Complained vehemently about all his own bees being killed by neonics cos his house was surrounded by thousands of acres of corn coated by evil neonics. Till someone locally pointed out there was no corn within many miles of his house. Poor guy had made the whole thing up, wouldn't be the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by JRG13 View Post
    That issue was addressed during the 2015 planting season, the coating was improved to not create so much dust.
    I was aware of that but...those continuing to blame neonics for their losses are still attributing much of it to the seed coated crops...are they not?
    Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted. - Emerson

Hmmm. I'd love to know what chemicals would replace neonics, I think I fear the solution more than the "mysterious problem".

A couple points that were covered earlier:
    While having a shop towel in your hive while on 60 minutes is not ideal, that should not be reason to ignore Dave's experiences. If you have ever driven 60mph in a 55mhp zone, it's still OK to support enforcement of other traffic laws.

Check-mite usage a shock? I suspect it is mostly sold with those corrugated plastic (sold on the same page) that you are supposed to staple up the strips inside so the beetles can get to it but not the bees. I've not heard of anyone using it for mites in well over a decade.

"Home brew killed bees a few years ago" I guess anything is possible. It's just one of those things that I hadn't heard of since the days of Maverick. I've heard of health effects from approved treatments, even more bee kills by mites because of ineffective treatments of any approval level.

Let me ask a leading question...

What would happen to your bees if you picked them up in the middle of the day, when the field force was out foraging?

Quote Originally Posted by irwin harlton View Post
    " Never judge a person until you've walked a mile in their shoes"
    I get it...he's a likeable guy.
    Plenty of other people might pay a price if a beekeeper yelling neonics without any evidence...or worse yet actually causing his own problems......gets them banned. Who walks in the shoes of the farmer whose production costs rise? Or the folks who developed the pesticide...or produce it.....or sell it? What about their livelihood?
    I'm not saying that neonics aren't a problem. I don't know. I am saying that Hackenberg makes a lot of noise but doesn't have much credibility from where I stand.
    Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted. - Emerson

I also know dave. looking at e-lap payments the larger migratory guys have biggest ccd problems? at least here in the northeast If I were still doing pollination I would cut the pollination in half and leave the other half in stationary yards for honey production. the results would be interesting. we move from ny to sc and see nothing ccd related. If there is any problem with the bees its just something I did wrong,

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    While having a shop towel in your hive while on 60 minutes is not ideal
    Not ideal?
    I am, at best, only a semi smart fellow. Yet I can guarantee you that if sixty minutes appeared on my doorstep with a camera crew and I agreed to open a hive for them....I'd know exactly what they were going to see before doing so.
    I'm not too sure I'd agree with your analogy either.
    I think it's more like concocting your own antibiotics from moldy cheese scrapings....and then blaming the druggist when your kids end up in the hospital with sepsis.

NUTRA-BEE feed supplements

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Palmer View Post

What would happen to your bees if you picked them up in the middle of the day, when the field force was out foraging?
    I learned a lot from your videos the one thing that stood out was when you talked about your loses when you pollinated apples add that to improper transport what a mess. The 628dirtrooster on YouTube has some eye opening videos .

Duplicate

Someone would have some dang mad bees on their hands!

Exactly Keith. Why change your management practices?

Sitting here shaking my head. I know too much. I wish folks that know things, behind the scenes, wouldn't tell me what's really going on. I can't relay information that was told to me in private. Dave has way more problems than CCD and Neonics.

Why would one of the head CCD investigators say that Dave is the Typhoid Mary of beekeepers? The plot runs deeper than Neonics.

Quote Originally Posted by mbevanz View Post
    Someone would have some dang mad bees on their hands!

And the results on the health of the colonies?

Would certainly shift duties around.
    And the results on the health of the colonies?

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Jarrett View Post
    Hmm well the financial returns on hive losses seem to be getting better every year. Can this cow be milked indefinitely, wonder what 2015 was?

Beemandan. My point was ,It is a rather high bar disallow someone from asking for rules enforcement if they have ever been in violation of a rule. My analogy is about as accurate as an analogy can be.

But I'm with you, I would never even talk to 60 minutes.

keith the other pollinators here in the ne is dan winters and jim doan who is dave h's cousin. all e-lap members.

Beeware, they have all type of programs, out west here in the drought they have one for rain, but you have to buy insurance for that, my insurance bill this years is $45,000. I've been on a few of these over the years but never got that kind of dough though. I just don't like all the Bo ho ho, blame somebody else for there problems.
    NUTRA-BEE feed supplements

Yes Dan, I was just wanting it to be clear, it's not a direct exposure issue, the issue is the indirect exposure, if any.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast