What is the latest on the demand for bees in the almonds this year? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: What is the latest on the demand for bees in the almonds this year?

$ Same as last year. Hey, my log in still works!

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Lease bees... Who takes the blame for disease, pesticide and incidental bee losses?? Whom ever physically holds the hives at the time of loss count?
    Just do the beekeeper thing and blame the other guy. These are just minor things to work out, as long as there is an intent from both parties to make it work. Do you want to find problems or solutions?

Jean-Marc

Two months ago a grower called me from the Modesto area wanting to get two loads. I quoted him 190.00 and you could hear him fall off his chair. Fast forward to the last week of the year and he calls me asking if that price was still available. I am already locked in with someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by matt1954 View Post
    Two months ago a grower........
    thanks for relating that scenario.
    the floating 'set' price as I suspected, just as it is with every service wanted or offered, item for sale or item for rent.
    the one who needs it or wants it the most budges, or goes away empty handed.

Quote Originally Posted by jean-marc View Post
    Just do the beekeeper thing and blame the other guy. These are just minor things to work out, as long as there is an intent from both parties to make it work. Do you want to find problems or solutions?

Jean-Marc
    Well said Jean-Marc...ironically this politically incorrect idea would solve 90% of the Canadian beekeeper's problems...while putting dollars in the pockets of those US beekeepers that would partner up with their northern counterparts...with a slight benefit to the almond/fruit industry. It's sure not about the "north American honey commodity" produced on each side of the border competing against itself...off shore honey from countries with devalued currencies has seen to that.

I had nothing but praise and admiration for the beekeeper from Orland, California who used to supply me with packages...a relationship of integrity.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234