The "Reputation" function - Page 5
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Default Re: The "Reputation" function

Quote Originally Posted by jwcarlson View Post
    Tell me you didn't go through everyone and assign point values to their accounts... :/
    Oh my, the amount of time that would take! Hardly.
    Regards, Barry

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Oh my, the amount of time that would take! Hardly.
    Can you give insight on how the "power" is calculated?

If I had to guess, it is join date related. Wouldn't it make sense to make it "reputation" based? More positive rep means your rep power is higher.

Otherwise someone who joined in 2001 and never had bees could come back and wield unbelievable power.

I have no idea how it works. If I get time today, I'll look into it a bit further. All I know is that everyone starts out with a reputation level of 10. Currently, I have the reputation power cap turned off.

OK, here you go:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...ion-power-work
    Regards, Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    But according to Henry David Thoreau, it's not the displayed score that matters, it's what you see.
    Touche'
    Mark Berninghausen

Barry,
    Looks like you can control the "formula". Interesting, I wonder if default is post count related or days of membership related. Sounds like it could be either.

Quote Originally Posted by sqkcrk View Post
    Are you calling for the Reputation Score to be displayed in the same way as one's Post Count?
    Yes! Along with bank ballances and make and model of the car you drive - and your mothers maiden name. Wait... actually I was just asking a question - not really calling for anything.

But since it actually is a public record I don't see what great difference it makes if you have to click through to a profile page or not - anyone who wants to know will, anyone who doesn't care won't.

Anyway - if it works mostly as intended the knowledgable helpful commercial beekeepers are going to have high scores, and the fine newbees that have done a lot of reading, and watched all the videos on youtube will rank lower - and that would actually be helpful for people who want to learn. I wouldn't complain if it was right next to post count, but that's up to Barry, and I won't gripe if it's not either.
    Last edited by David LaFerney; 10-23-2015 at 12:50 PM.
    Since '09-75H-T-Z6b

Deleted
    Last edited by David LaFerney; 10-23-2015 at 12:52 PM. Reason: seemed like a good idea at the time, but not so much after a bit of thought.
    Since '09-75H-T-Z6b

It appears as though once one gets more than 100 reputation points you get another tab underneath your screen name. Someone is keeping score.
    Mark Berninghausen

I may have missed this .. but what does the Grey color signify? I understand the Green and Red, but what does Grey mean?
    To everything there is a season....

From a vBulletin forum ...

Grey rep is when the giver does not have sufficient rep power to give effecting rep, in other words the rep has no points behind it.

https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=178907

Of course, just because you read it on the internet doesn't mean its true!
    Graham
    USDA Zone 7A Elevation 1400 ft

I just don't understand the rewards point part of the system....where's the rewards page that tells me how many reps I have to reach to get.....say a flow hive or perhaps a nice boat....maybe one that says Beesource on it! I hope it's not like my Verizon account, I have like 2 gazillion points on that and for that I can bid on two $25. gift cards that will only cost me $40 and 3 hours of time bidding. :-)

Joel, my understanding of the Rewards program at Beesource is that its a 'timeshare' program - kinda like one of those ski condo dohickeys.

Here is that Beesource yacht you covet ...

... and you can share it as much as you like ... just leave this page open on your computer. If you are really good, you could even make it your screensaver!
    Graham
    USDA Zone 7A Elevation 1400 ft

My biggest fear is that the program will come to an abrupt end ... and all those amassed books of "Green Stamps" will be worthless.

I think I just dated myself with this one.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mike Gillmore; 11-07-2015 at 06:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rader Sidetrack View Post
    Joel, my understanding of the Rewards program at Beesource is that its a 'timeshare' program - kinda like one of those ski condo dohickeys.

Here is that Beesource yacht you covet

... and you can share it as much as you like ... just leave this page open on your computer. If you are really good, you could even make it your screensaver!
    That's be the one - I'm gonna get the convention conversation going again in January and an evening cruise on The Bee Mine for those attending will be a great part of the program! See you all in July or August!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Gillmore View Post
    My biggest fear is that the program will come to an abrupt end ... and all those amassed books of "Green Stamps" will be worthless.

What happens when you date yourself? Does that make you no longer a third wheel when you go out with another couple?
    Mark Berninghausen

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    I just don't understand the rewards point part of the system....where's the rewards page that tells me how many reps I have to reach to get.....say a flow hive or perhaps a nice boat....maybe one that says Beesource on it! I hope it's not like my Verizon account, I have like 2 gazillion points on that and for that I can bid on two $25. gift cards that will only cost me $40 and 3 hours of time bidding. :-)
    The current rep system is strictly for bragging rights. The new site will have a reputation and reward system. Points will be accrued and at some point there will be an exchange for items.

Yes Mike, you dated yourself! I remember the stamps very well, pasting them into the books.
    Regards, Barry

Didn't they taste just yummy?
    Mark Berninghausen

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Gillmore View Post
    My Mom got me my first guitar with King Korn stamps.

[QUOTE=Barry;1345770]The current rep system is strictly for bragging rights. The new site will have a reputation and reward system. Points will be accrued and at some point there will be an exchange for items.

Honestly Barry the information we all gain here is enough reward. See you at the dock next year for the convention, it is time!

Quote Originally Posted by sqkcrk View Post
    What happens when you date yourself? Does that make you no longer a third wheel when you go out with another couple?
    Now that is really something to think about. I don't know .... let's ask Ace.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast