2015 Pepper Flow

Default 2015 Pepper Flow

How is the flow by you all? I have 900 colonies in the Okeechobee, Florida area and the flow has just started to get heavy. Could be one of the better flows in a long time.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: 2015 Pepper Flow

Quote Originally Posted by matt1954 View Post
    How is the flow by you all? I have 900 colonies in the Okeechobee, Florida area and the flow has just started to get heavy. Could be one of the better flows in a long time.
    Our gokdenrod/aster flow got off to a great start two weeks ago. Then wet cold (high in low 50's) put a lid on it. Im at peak bloom and too cold for bees to fly for a week. I woukd say your chances are very good as Im in Ky. Just do the opposite of what I do and youll be fine.

Good for you Matt. Glad to hear things are looking good. I find it interesting that as we are approaching winter rains here, Florida is getting a honey flow.

Jean-Marc

Quote Originally Posted by matt1954 View Post
    I have watched Pepper since it started to bloom in mid September, watching and waiting to see Pepper bushes full of bees. I guess the nectar doesn't begin the same time as the bloom because so far I have seen very few bees on them. I check in town, in the country, same deal. I have not looked in a few days but I will look again tomorrow. I hope you are correct. I'm not that far from you in Lehigh Acres and I have hives in Alva and LaBelle. I have a few bait hives in Moore Haven, at a winter place of one of the members here. We started that a few years ago when he had an empty hive in the yard that a swarm moved in, and he gave it to me and now I keep a couple bait hives there and typically get 2 swarms or more every year.
    Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones. Prvb 16:24
    March 2010; +/- 50 hives, TF