Found a yellow jacket nest. Best way to destroy? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Found a yellow jacket nest. Best way to destroy?

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBop View Post
    The sevin did the job quite nicely.
    keep an eye on it. I had a nest that would be dead for a couple days and then come back. It was in a cinder-block (CMU) wall and the nest was probably above the entrance. The Sevin dust was probably falling down and not much was getting on the nest, so when the new YJ's would hatch, there would be new flyers. I built them a little landing pad and covered it with Sevin dust so they would have to walk thru it to get into the opening.

It took about 4 treatments over a week and a half before there was no more activity.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Drione Dust made from our friends at Bayer

Don

I found some stuff intended for termites that I use on carpenter bees. It has a wand, but it foams, so it does not come shooting back out like it does if you try to shoot wasp and hornet spray into a carpenter bee hole.

But for YJ in the ground, I kinda like the sound of a biodegradeable treatment like soapy water.

When I was very, very young, I had a powder that was pretty effective on ants. Smokeless powder. I did light it off. The survivors could not stand the smell. But to use that on YJ you might need the bee suit while setting up.

Shop towel dampened with gasoline. Drop it over the entrance after darks, leave it for a week or so fumes to get any that hatch out later.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12