Problems with pop ups only on beesource

Default Problems with pop ups only on beesource

Is anyone else having this problem? I can go to other places on the web, like you tube or my mail, but as soon as I come to Beesource I get a repetitive pop up asking if I want to install flash player. I also have a window open over to the right called Shopping assistant, again only when I come to Beesource. Yesterday I wanted to post and in the typing window at post new thread, it was grey and I couldn't do anything. This has been going on for 2 days now. I've looked in My Computer to see if anything snuck in to the programs but I don't see any. I'm relieved that I'm able to post this question. I thought it wouldn't let me. Yesterday I had even more problems, warnings about a virus after coming here and it was difficult to get all that off my screen. I restarted and it happened again. This morning I've been on for about 30 min with no problems other than what I describe when I came to Beesource.
    Thanks.
    I take it back, something now trying to open...
    Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones. Prvb 16:24
    March 2010; +/- 50 hives, TF

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Problems with pop ups only on beesource

I'm not sure that the problems that I had with Flash exactly duplicate yours, but Flash has some security holes and some browsers are taking steps to block Flash. Here's what Chrome says about that:

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/6213033?hl=en

If you are not using the Chrome browser, search for issues involving your browser and Flash to see if there are similar concerns with your browser and Flash.

This might not be your issue, but its one possibility.
    Graham
    USDA Zone 7A Elevation 1400 ft

It sure sounds like you picked up some malware. I've experienced that nuisance before, and I think it may have been Malwarebytes that cleared it up.

As I recall, it was something that came with a "free" download from Cnet.
    Nobody ruins my day without my permission, and I refuse to grant it...

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Digman View Post
    It sure sounds like you picked up some malware. I've experienced that nuisance before, and I think it may have been Malwarebytes that cleared it up.

As I recall, it was something that came with a "free" download from Cnet.
    Thank you! After some reading about Malwarebytes I decided to give it a try. I already have Advanced System Care on my home computer and last January I upgraded it during a sale time. But it didn't help my current problem. I downloaded malwerbytes last night and turned off the computer. This morning, I first did some other surfing without incident. Then I came to Beesource and as soon as I did, I was getting notices of malewares being blocked. Every time I hit a new page, block message. The new program appears to be working, Thank you!

Is Google Chrome better than Internet Explorer; if so, in what way?
    Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones. Prvb 16:24
    March 2010; +/- 50 hives, TF

I think it's personal preference. I use Chrome.
    Nobody ruins my day without my permission, and I refuse to grant it...

>> Is Google Chrome better than Internet Explorer

Internet Explorer has such a bad reputation that even Microsoft has given up on it ...
    http://www.cnet.com/news/microsoft-e...rnet-explorer/

Here is Beesource's other Barry with regard to Internet Explorer (IE), from an earlier thread ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I'd try using Firefox and see if it still happens. IE . . . can't think of anything good to say.
    Graham
    USDA Zone 7A Elevation 1400 ft

Bevy,
    I had a similar problem a while back and after trying everything under the sun a simple "extensions" clean up stopped all of it. Go to your Explorer "settings" and locate the "extensions" folder. Open it up and "disable" all of the active extension files listed. Restart your computer and see if the pop ups stop. If so, you can go back and delete all the extension files or if you prefer you can activate them one at a time to see which one is causing the problem. I deleted them all and have been running smoothly ever since. Once in a while I'll go back and clean it up if new files are there.
    To everything there is a season....