Chastisement - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chastisement

Default Re: Chastisement

Gees Barry I thought the op was hoping for more moderation not less. It wouldn't be the first time I misunderstood a post.
    Brian Cardinal
    Zone 5a, Practicing non-intervention beekeeping

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Guilty as charged, but most of my stuff is aimed at a few individuals that are the inside joke of the forum. I can't imagine how a new member would feel if the first thread they jumped into involved 5-gallon buckets and hurricane force winds, or doing soybean cultivar experiments on a rooftop in New York city.

If you see something odd happening or do something different, just post something like "This is what I observed and I think it means that..." or "this is how I did it and it seemed to work for me". Nobody can refute those types of comments. Claiming an absolute with little experience on the particular question is bad no matter how long you have been keeping bees.

Also - I have found this to be one of the friendliest forums that I have ever been on. Even the tailgater reserved, which is extremely odd.
    Honey Badger Don't Care ಠ_ಠ ~=[,,_,,]:3

I agree with the post. I have seen a few smart remarks that are uncalled for. As I have heard before the only dumb ? is the one you don't ask. We are all new to something at one time. Like I tell my children if you don't have something nice to say don't say it.

Quote Originally Posted by fraz6020 View Post
    Like I tell my children if you don't have something nice to say don't say it.
    I am not picking on you but this has got to be the downfall of the american family. If you do not want to HEAR what is on your children's mind how can you correct their thinking? People should say what is on their mind and the mentors, the experienced, the masses should use their skill and experiences to convince the offending persons thinking. I miss Mark. He was very good at that.
    Brian Cardinal

That is not what I meant at all Acebird, but I am sure you know that. You are obviously one of the negative posters 2cents was talking about. I will not waste another word on you.

i personally appreciate straight-up, honest criticism or advice, without all the pc sugarcoating. that is something that is becoming rare anymore. if you cant take it maybe try growing a pair.

What did you mean?
    Brian Cardinal

We all get into moods, we all like to be right at least once, and we all like to think that we have something to contribute. That's kind of the newbie mantra and I know this because, well, that's how I felt for a while. Thing is though, it's so easy to start an argument here, and it's just as easy to pass along bogus info or info that may pertain to one beek but not another. Then next thing you know, poor lil Johnny lost his hives.

I don't agree with purposely trolling anyone, but in the same sense, I think a lot of the more experienced beeks here are simply trying to police the info here- more so to keep things real and not simply to cause grief. Took me a bit of time see it for what it's worth, and perhaps to grow thicker skin. Just my opinion.
    Year 2 Zone 6a

Quote Originally Posted by dsegrest View Post
    I don't know that I have ever offended you personally, but if you give me an opportunity I will in the future.
    applause icon
    -- Joe
    "Make your own decision and embrace the consequences." -- jwcarlson

Quote Originally Posted by sweatybetty View Post
    i personally appreciate straight-up, honest criticism or advice, without all the pc sugarcoating. that is something that is becoming rare anymore. if you cant take it maybe try growing a pair.
    Yep, me too. I seem to learn more from the gruff no nonsense guys on here. The no time for foolishness sort who do not care if you like them or their answers.

"But, I will not be posting anymore."

Please reconsider. The bees are just bugs. Posters and moderators are people with an array of frailties, foibles, egos, successes, jealousies, fears, occasional emotional and physical trauma, helpful information, and generally interesting stories. Lead by example and positively affect the culture of this forum. Your posts were already interesting, and I would regret you bailing. So take that.
    David Matlock

Quote Originally Posted by Riverderwent View Post
    "But, I will not be posting anymore."

Please reconsider. The bees are just bugs. Posters and moderators are people with an array of frailties, foibles, egos, successes, jealousies, fears, occasional emotional and physical trauma, helpful information, and generally interesting stories. Lead by example and positively affect the culture of this forum. Your posts were already interesting, and I would regret you bailing. So take that.
    The Bees are the Beekeepers

I will say that I am sometimes reluctant to post a question. You often read posts that say why don't you utilize the search? However somebody what have something new to add to the subject. I feel it is worth asking, never know what answer you will get.

my2cents>>Good bye.

I said I would not post again. But, I wanted to thank all of those that have sent me PMs and have stated you feel the same way. My in box has been exploding with these sentiments.
    Another point, 920 views of a topic and 33 posts, 2 of which are mine. That should speak volumes to some one.
    Some people have a lot to contribute that will not, not because they have nothing to contribute. But that they do not care for the way some get treated. There is a tremendous amount of knowledge out there and a lot in the commercial side. When you make a living off of your bees, you will treat them with care to continue your profitability. And many hobbyist can learn a lot from them. Working with 4 commercial bee keepers in the past 4 years have taught me a lot. Too bad I can't share that knowledge with out criticism because you say something that offends someone.
    That is all I have to say. If anyone would like me to offer you some advice or provide you with information, please feel free to contact me via PM.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>gone>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    I will bless (Praise) the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth.

I would like to offer you a tissue. Fare well, good luck in all you do. Just be careful asking for advice. Sometimes its not what you want to hear, and I hate to see people get emotional.

Unfortunately, this isn't the case of this website.

This is the kindest most gentle website I visit. Some of the other sites I spend considerably more time on are little more then verbal street fights. I actually enjoy that, which is why I spend more time there. When someone comes at you hard it challenges your position, opinions, beliefs etc. No better way to learn then re-examining, defending and explaining your position.

OTOH if you are somewhere that is gentle and kind and no one challenges your positions and simply sits around and give the "Nice job! You're doing great!" you tend to never learn that what you're doing is a mistake.

Granted I prefer my arguments to be logical and civil and sometimes the places that are most hard hitting tend to devolve away from that, but I'd rather have my errors pointed out, directly and succinctly, then simply continue on my way not realizing I was messing something up.

~Matt

X2 MJuric

Other than him posting in a couple areas he shouldn't have (let's be honest, some of the rules and subforums are a little tough to "figure out"). I'll be honest that I did not completely read all the rules when I hopped in here. I'm guessing my2cents didn't either. We exchanged PMs because he wanted to reply to something he felt like was a "slight" against him in my comment that he has probably owned 15 forums because he can't find one that he likes. Apparently that was offensive...

I'm sure the OP is a nice guy, his posts on here seemed pretty good. The one that made me laugh was his suggestion that he should be able to have someone make him a custom branding iron for $20... including labor and materials. If he felt he caught gruff for that... he should have.

Like I said... the internet isn't a place for people who can't take a joke, take a hint, or let water roll off their backs. If you think you're going to post something and then have everyone fall at your feet as though you're some sort of god... internet forums are probably the wrong place for you to spend your time. The amount of knowledge, expertise, and advice available on this site is second to none. It's available for free and 24/7. If there's a couple of rules that I consider goofy... like the not quoting rule... I can modify my behavior to be part of the rule-abiding community that I see value in being a part of... And if the rules were just too much for me... you can bet your rear end that I wouldn't be making some drawn out "goodbye" post. There are other beekeeping forums (I'd suggest the OP start his own since he has experience in doing so). There are local beekeeping groups to be active in.

To the other guy in here that said he was jumped on with two feet when he made his "one reply"... I would LOVE to be pointed in the direction of where this jumping occured. The more of these kinds of posts where someone supposedly gets fed up and wants everyone to know they are leaving I read... I realize it's almost always 100% at the OP's feet. I really think they just don't understand what the wild wild world of the internet is like... That doesn't mean they aren't good people or good beekeepers. It just means that when they fail to follow the rules a few times and are officially warned (like I have been), they must think that they are the only ones being treated in such a fashion. Maybe that's the issue... my2cents feels like he's been singled out because he's had a few posts moved or deleted for crossposting/posting in wrong area, etc.

my2cents
    This message has been deleted by Ravenseye.
    Reason
    Duplicate
    Great... that probably pushed him over the edge Ravenseye.

Quote Originally Posted by jwcarlson View Post
    Like I said... the internet isn't a place for people who can't take a joke, take a hint, or let water roll off their backs. If you think you're going to post something and then have everyone fall at your feet as though you're some sort of god... internet forums are probably the wrong place for you to spend your time.
    Anyone criticizing the civility of Beesource needs to be time-transported back to the early '90's and be forced to read Usenet. Internet terms that are still in use today, (like spam, troll, flaming, and cross-posting) literally originated on Usenet.
    Honey Badger Don't Care ಠ_ಠ ~=[,,_,,]:3

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast