Chastisement - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chastisement

Default Re: Chastisement

Never read, Usenet, Nabber... but have been part of some other ones that were non-stop "wars". Beesource is like getting together for lunch with your grandparents by comparison.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jwcarlson View Post
    Never read, Usenet, Nabber... but have been part of some other ones that were non-stop "wars". Beesource is like getting together for lunch with your grandparents by comparison.
    X2
    The Bees are the Beekeepers

How about if someone says something you don't like then you call them out on it. I agree that a very small number of posters manners are less than perfect but to cry and leave the forum over it seems a little weak and over sensitive. If another customer at a local grocery store was rude or chastised you for buying junk food would you stop shopping there? Of course not. You would give it right back to them and get on with your life. Do the same here. A few hurt feelings or a bruised egos are worth the info available here. Some people are generally rude on the internet because they know the person they are being rude to can't reach them with that right hook. Anyway 98% of the comments here are nice and meant to be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by mcon672 View Post
    How about if someone says something you don't like then you call them out on it.
    This happened to me just a couple weeks ago. I said i had just done something and someone replied with a Wisenheimer crack which i ignored, but someone else -- not me -- called him on it, and he quickly said something like, "yeah, i was just talking out my [other end]."

So i chided the criticizer and he gave it back and that was the end of that.

A lot of folks have immature emotions.
    -- Joe
    "Make your own decision and embrace the consequences." -- jwcarlson

Never read, Usenet, Nabber... but have been part of some other ones that were non-stop "wars".

Usenet was really no different then any other forum except for the fact that if a forum did go completely sideways there was no one there to stop it. A moderated forum generally prevents that and the "Civility" of the forum is generally pretty close to what the moderator wants. During the Usenet days if people got their teeth into a forum and literally wanted to destroy it they could. This is also where ignore lists started :-). You could log onto a forum you liked and find 150 vial posts by the same person doing nothing but trying to drive everything off the front page...ignore.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123