What is the best and cheapest place to buy honey bottles?

Default What is the best and cheapest place to buy honey bottles?

Title says it. ;-)

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: What is the best and cheapest place to buy honey bottles?

Hopefully you'll get some diverse opinions. I've only bought from Mann Lake. I'm sure there are other sources, but the shipping with a $100 order is free there, so it's hard to beat.
    Brent
    Zone 6a, Started April 2014

tonight, i just picked up 12 cases of glass mason pints from a local menonite business that makes natural home made peanut butter, they get them from another outfit that buys them by the tractor trailer load for "home style jelly". my honey bears are from mann-lake because i was there at the time. betterbee has some good prices/free freight on plastic jars. betterbee's label program is good for the less than large producer.

Blue sky. They are an hour or so from me and 10 minutes from a life long friend. 364 bottles with lids come out to .60 each. For the inverted 1 pound squeeze.

Biggest challenge is where to find the cheapest place for GLASS (shipped). Mann Lake has some glass products that qualify for the free shipping over $100.00 (but not all of their glass qualifies). The risk of breakage is on the seller too. So far, I have ordered 14 dozen glass jars from Mann Lake (in 4 shipments) and have not had a single broken jar. Plastic is easier (and cheaper) and easily qualifies for free shipping. Personally, I think glass looks better and commands a higher selling price (though not as practical as a plastic squeeze bottle). I use plastic squeeze bottles for personal use, but sell in glass.

I also found this place: http://www.fillmorecontainer.com that has a good selection and about the same price as Mann Lake (for my items). I've just been having good luck with Mann Lake I can't see the need to switch (especially since the price is about the same).

I deal with Gamber Container, but like Tenbears, they are close enough to drive and pickup. I get 364 inverted squeeze including lids for .45 each including tax.

http://www.gambercontainer.com/store...co-pet-bottles

PAHunter62

For plastic jars, try Sailor Plastics, they have a good selection, and good prices.

For me no body beats the price of the local dollar store for pint and quart jars. I wish they had one piece lids, but my customers don't seem to mind.

What MikeinCarolina writes is true for me as well - The Dollar Store for Golden Harvest Mason jars when they have them in August and September. Ever since my Mother-In-Law put one of my plastic jars in a microwave to uncrystalize it, I won't sell in plastic containers,

I don't buy much from Better Bee, but bulk bottles always seemed to be the best price when shipping and lids were included. I haven't bought any this year and I don't think that I'll need to, so things might have changed. I've bought my plastic bottles there for the last 5 years though.
    Bruce