APIStech: Smart Hive to save and Monitor our BEES!

Default APIStech: Smart Hive to save and Monitor our BEES!

Hey bee source community, We're creating a real time monitoring system for beekeepers based on the concept of Internet Of Bees. As you may know the world is facing a big problem concerning the health of the bees, and our goal is to give beekeepers a set of tools to help them give a better answer. Our monitoring system helps beekeepers to simplify the logistics of keeping the hives, to control the ecosystem of the hive, to monitor the performance of the swarms, and control threats like thefts or the asian giant hornet. In parallel we developed a beehive where we achieve an improvement of the thermic efficiency (about 50% more). We used the best technics and materials to redesign the construction of a beehive, keeping it's traditional shape and norms. We're from Portugal as knows as the country of the cork and we used it to improve the beehive.

However we're facing some challenges in hitting the market. We're fine tunning some details and looking for all the feedback on the project.

Visit our site www.apistech.eu and our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/apistechnology

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: APIStech: Smart Hive to save and Monitor our BEES!

So, I went to your website and I can't figure what you're doing except hyping the "bee crisis" theme.

I like technology pretty well, but the limiting factors for me are always lack of high-speed internet connectivity which doesn't exist on my farm and (probably) cost. I live where my hives are so I don't need a lot of satellite-based alarm systems.

I'd like to know more specifics about what you do to " control the ecosystem of the hive, to monitor the performance of the swarms". Maybe there's something lost in translation here.

My hives are insulated with foam panels so which are cheap (though admittedly not ecological like cork) and very long lasting.

And specifically, how are you going to deter the asian hornet?

More information would be nice. (I don't use Facebook for privacy reasons.)

Obrigada,

Enjambres

Hi Enjambres, can you please subscribe our newletter? We will release more information very soon.

Obrigado

Miguel

Check out our website. We released some more information. Please leave us your feedback

We’re about to launch our products on Indiegogo. Now you can mark your calendar the 7th of September to be part of our campaign. We’ll release some more details meanwhile, but to make sure you receive all the news you should subscribe our newsletter and follow us on social networks.