Few questions about excersising bees from my wall

Default Few questions about excersising bees from my wall

I got some bees in an exterior wall of my house. Dunno how long they've been there but it cant have been long since its literarally right outside my front door. I cant affor an exterminator or structural damage to my house. Dunno if they are killer bees, doesnt really matter, I cant have a hive of bees living in my wall. Its an outside wall and there have been no signs of bees in the house, but it still connects to the house so that worries me. So i'm trying to kill them.

Unfortunatly my attempt last night was a failure. I sprayed half a can of raid into the enterence, which got em good and angry, but failed to seem to have much effect! I'm going to try again tonight, and aim the spray UP into the wall, as me thinks me heard they go up, then down. I have no idea how big the space is.

Couple misc questions as well. I heard vinager kills bees. That true? What about red wine vinager? Also, can the bees see me at night? I'm a little scared of bees...

Here is a video of the entrance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIgMG0_YXxU

doubt anyone could ID if they are killer bees or not. But any sugguestions, tips, would be super appreciated.

I know this is a bee love forum, but I couldnt find a good active forum for this otherwise. If this is not allowed, i apologize.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Few questions about excersising bees from my wall

Wasp and Hornet spray does not work well on them.

I have used Bengal Ant and Roach Spray, use the long plastic straw nozzle to direct the spray where you want it. It is slower acting but will kill them dead.

Yes they can see you at night.

And even after you spray them, the smell of the honey is in the walls, so need to remove the outside wall or inside wall and pull all that comb out. Otherwise, mice, rats, and roaches will come to the stuff and next year unless you seal the wall well, that pencil hole will allow other bees to smell the old comb and here they come.
    Started 9/13, building slowly, not trying the no treatment anymore

Bengal ant and roach spray? Never thought
    Yes, you still need to tear the wall out.
    spray from every direction possible. they will move if need be, kind of chasing them around. drill a hole spray more

Like it or not, you have a problem with your house that needs to be fixed. And spraying Raid is not going to do it. It needs to be opened up, cleaned out, and put back together bee tight.
    Just one of the many joys of home ownership.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan P View Post
    Bengal ant and roach spray? Never thought
    If you can cover the opening, it fogs the inside of a cavity really well. Just takes 5 to 15 minutes for kill effect. And the first minute they are really ticked off.
    Started 9/13, building slowly, not trying the no treatment anymore

If you kill them in the wall without removing them, you may have to deal with the smell of thousands of rotting bee carcasses for a while.

Saint-Denis de La Réunion (France Indian Ocean)

Quote Originally Posted by EvanS View Post
    If you kill them in the wall without removing them, you may have to deal with the smell of thousands of rotting bee carcasses for a while.
    and ants, and mice...