Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Sciatic Nerve Pain

13K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Harley Craig 
#1 ·
I'm currently experiencing sciatic nerve pain. It's happened once before a couple of years ago and so far it's temporary, usually about a week at a time. I understand there could possibly be underlying issues that cause it, but I'm not looking for medical advice. I'm wondering where the best place would be to apply the stings. Sciatic nerve pain supposedly originates in the spine and radiates pain through the butt and down the leg. Has anyone else used BVT to help with sciatic nerve pain? Thanks.

#2 ·
Just took a round last week and one more round should take care of it I don't know about your case but mine is caused because my sciatic runs through my priaformus (sp?) Muscle, pull that and it pinches your nerve. I take a few in my lower lumbar area and a couple right on the top of the butt and it does seem to help

#4 ·
Thanks guys. I've taken several stings at once so I'm not overly concerned about my reaction, but I do plan on taking it slow. Thanks Harley. That's exactly what I was looking for.

#6 ·
Bee stings help me. The help lasts 12-24 hours.

This exercise works better though because it helps to fix the underlying problem, it's called a Bridge exercise or stretch... it strengthens the muscles needed to make sciatica go away or get greatly reduced...

http://sportsmedicine.about.com/od/strengthtraining/qt/bridge-exercise.htm

I'm not a doctor and this is not intended as medical advise. I'm just relating what has helped me and my own understanding of why.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.