New labels
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New labels

Default New labels

I've gone on a label redesign binge. I'm trying to standardize the size and style. If I order larger quantities, even if they are different labels, I get the discount based on the total number. My standard size based on the current order costs $.09 each. For example a much smaller size that I put on my 2oz hex jars...but order in lower quantities is $.19 each.
    Anyway....while on the redesign trip I had various other changes...the top label is my old style and the bottom the new.
    I better like the new.....I have about a two year supply of them

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted. - Emerson

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: New labels

Some other variations. The smaller label at the top goes on a 5oz hexagonal jar. In the quantities that I order for that....$.19 each.
    The larger labels below...because I use that same size for the bulk of my bottled products and order 10 times more in that size .... $.09 each.
    You might also note that the sourwood honey doesn't have 'Product of Georgia'....as I keep those hives in North Carolina.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted. - Emerson

Very nice! Best of luck with your sales.
    Horseshoe Point Honey -- http://localvahoney.com/

Curious on where you order you labels. Tha ks

Definitely like 'em!
    "My wife always wanted girls. Just not thousands and thousands of them......"

Quote Originally Posted by AstroBee View Post
    Very nice! Best of luck with your sales.
    Thanks! I only get credit for finding someone to design them.

Quote Originally Posted by cwood6_10 View Post
    Curious on where you order you labels. Tha ks
    I've had a couple of people work on the designs. I get them printed by Allied Label in Flowery Branch, GA.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenseye View Post
    Definitely like 'em!
    Thanks! The lighting in the photos leaves a lot to be desired. They look much better in real light.

I think they're terrific, and wish you much success with'em.
    I know the locavores and foodies here, who are the core of my honey customers, would appreciate the
    geographic and processing info. right on the label.
    You may find the new label will also make your products more attractive as a premium gift for non locals.

(tried my hand at making honey vinegar but my method is still a work in progress , maybe next year.)

Dan, I certainly like the design of the labels. They certainly have a professional look to them. Are you satisfied that they are small enough to allow the customer a good view of the product? Also no UPC? Are you concerned that might either limit your market or force you to put on a second label?
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe."- Andy Rooney

really like those! would love to order something very similiar
    Zone 8a - Elev.~ 1,100 ft. Sandy, OR.
    Apiculture: A culmination of animal husbandry and alchemy.

Quote Originally Posted by clyderoad View Post
    You may find the new label will also make your products more attractive as a premium gift for non locals.

(tried my hand at making honey vinegar but my method is still a work in progress , maybe next year.)
    Funny you mention gifts. I've gotten orders for a number of my smaller jars for wedding favors...and just filled an order for an outfit that is supplying gifts to a number of Master's dignitaries.
    The vinegar ought not be too difficult. Do you have any thoughts as to the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by jim lyon View Post
    Are you satisfied that they are small enough to allow the customer a good view of the product? Also no UPC? Are you concerned that might either limit your market or force you to put on a second label?
    For the larger jars...quarts, pints, 16oz and12.5fl oz they are just about right...in my opinion. For the smaller containers....13 oz hex and 5fl oz I'd prefer they were a bit smaller. One issue is the size of any text. The smaller labels are practically unreadable....and fail to meet the GA Dept of Ag requirements on that point. UPC crossed my mind. I currently sell to a couple of mom and pop shops and they don't care. I don't have any plans to expand significantly....I can't keep up with things the size they are, so I figured I'd live without the UPC. If something were to change...yeah, I'd have to add a UPC label until my supply of these ran out, then get them redesigned to include it.

Quote Originally Posted by beemandan View Post
    The vinegar ought not be too difficult. Do you have any thoughts as to the problem?
    Ferment to ethanol (mead), then inoculate with acetobacter.

If you intend to produce mead (or any other fermented beverage) for consumption, do not use acetobacter in the same area and make sure that air flow is such that acetobacter will not contaminate the brews intended for drinking.
    If you want to be successful, study successful people and do what they do.
    Zone 4a/b

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyLittleSecret View Post
    really like those! would love to order something very similiar
    Thanks! All you need is a few hours with a graphic artist and a good printing company.

Quote Originally Posted by BadBeeKeeper View Post
    Ferment to ethanol (mead), then inoculate with acetobacter.
    I might add...make your initial alcohol content around 8%. Those acetobacters have a tough time getting started in high alcohol and don't forget....acetobacters are people too and cannot live on alcohol alone.

I agree, Honey for wedding gifts has become very popular over the last few years.
    I get inquiries from customers (both in person and over email) wanting to purchase
    our honey and then send it off to their out of towner friends and relatives. Some of these folks are
    vacationers (seems like the "wish you were here" or tee shirt type gift), but many are regulars
    sending off a small piece of "home". The reason why I started putting 'Long Island Honey' on all
    my honey jar labels is due to a customer suggestion that wanted to send the honey off to her
    grown children and grandchildren in other states.
    Beware beeman, they ask you to ship off too so research the shipping rates!

Congrats on the Masters gig, that type of exposure travels well and has a lasting impact.

Putting a upc on the bottom is actually a pretty good option if the need arises. Im betting one could be easily applied with some sort of hand label gun. Love to see those new labels on your jars.
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe."- Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by beemandan View Post
    I might add...make your initial alcohol content around 8%. Those acetobacters have a tough time getting started in high alcohol and don't forget....acetobacters are people too and cannot live on alcohol alone.
    That was my problem, alcohol to high and I starved them to death.
    lesson learned: for new projects -research first, act second.

What information is in the UPC?
    Buy the ticket, take the ride. -H.S. Thompson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast