Forum question

Thread: Forum question

Default Forum question

I looked for a correct forum to post this question in, but didn't see one. I also read quite a bit on the help page trying to find the answer but to no avail. I'm stumped.

Is there a setting or does this forum operate in a way where, when I click on a thread, it will take me to MY last response? Currently when I click on a thread it takes me to the first post, unless I click on the "last post" icon. There is no in between that I can find. I have to scroll to find my last reply then read below that to see what's been said.

Is that question as clear as mud?
    The more I learn about bees, the less I know.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Forum question

There is a Forum Feedback sub-forum that seems suited for your question.

The answer is that you need stay logged in when reading Beesource, and you need to allow Beesource to place 'cookies' on your system. (Cookies can be blocked by various PC/browser settings and also by anti-virus software on your system.)

Once you have the above correct, look for the blue 'ball' to the left of the thread title. Click that icon to go {approximately} the last post you read.

See post #7 for more on this subject.
    Last edited by Rader Sidetrack; 04-01-2015 at 07:52 PM. Reason: add some corrections
    Graham
    USDA Zone 7A Elevation 1400 ft

There is no such setting to my knowledge. You must have a really have a slow scroller for it to be that bothersome!

To find your most recent posts, select your name in the small print at the very top of the screen. The tab "my activity" should already be selected and will show you your most recent posts.
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe."- Andy Rooney

I don't have a slow "scroller." I visit another non beekeeping forum and when I click on a thread it carries me to my last post. I just wondered if this one did the same thing.

I will try the above mentioned ideas. Thanks.

Rader, I'm not given the option to click on the green arrow to the left of the thread title.

I do stay logged in and have my browser set to allow cookies from beesource website.

Sorry Brad - I pointed you to the wrong icon in my post above. I'll fix that.

Take a look at this screen capture of this thread as shown in the Forum Feedback forum thread listing...

Forum Feedback & Site News3.jpg
    (click to enlarge)

See the red arrow that I added pointing to the round blue icon next to this thread. That is the one to click.

In the course of tracking this down, I have realized that the availability of that blue ball (to me) is most consistent when looking at the "New Posts" tab, where I normally read posts. I see now that if I go to the individual forum thread listings and look at an older thread that I know I have read (and I know that because I have a post in that thread), the blue ball is not always present. On the other hand, in the "New Posts" tab, the blue ball is always present in threads I have read.
    Last edited by Rader Sidetrack; 04-01-2015 at 07:54 PM.
    Graham

Thanks for your help Rader. I can't see a picture or open the attachment. It says bad link.

There is nothing special about the image in post #7. If your system doesn't at least display a thumbnail image, then that problem should be addressed first. If you see a thumbnail, but can't see an enlarged version when you click the thumbnail, then perhaps you have some setting/add-on that blocks popups / additional windows.
    Graham

I guess I have some setting preventing it from showing up, because I see nothing to indicate that there is even a picture there. No red X or anything of the sort. If you hadn't written (click to enlarge) I probably wouldn't have known there was supposed to be one there.

The link you provided says, attachments pending approval

There is a setting the Beesource "Settings" tab that controls image display. Perhaps that has been set to block images. Look for the section that says:
    Visible Post Elements:
    Show Signatures
    Show Images (including attached images and images in [IMG] code)
    The "Show Images" box needs to be 'checked'.

Last edited by Rader Sidetrack; 04-02-2015 at 07:30 PM.
    Graham

Rader, thanks for all your help. I just looked and "Show Images" was already checked.

Not sure what to do now.

What kind of device / operating system are you using to interact with Beesource?

Do you have similar issues with other sites?
    Graham

I'm using Chrome and my Dell laptop, running Windows 7. No I don't have any similar issues with other sites....

You could try resetting Chrome to default settings, see this link:
    https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/3296214?hl=en

Beyond that - and it seems a long shot to me - but log out of Beesource, clear cookies, and then check to see if you can see the image in this thread while logged out.

If no joy, try installing Firefox to see if the problem is there also.
    Graham