Deer? Vandals? We shall see. - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Deer? Vandals? We shall see.

I have a few game cameras. They are basically digital cameras in a case so they make the same noise as a digital camera. Plus the ones with a flash flash the same as a digital camera. Some people won't use the ones with a flash but I have hundreds of pictures of deer standing looking at the camera time after time. The flash and shutter click does not scare them off.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by flyin-lowe View Post
    they make the same noise as a digital camera.
    Unless it is a digital slr there shouldn't be an actual shutter. I always figured that the click was a software driven sound....to allow the user to know that the photo has been taken. In fact, on my cell phone camera, the sound is a musical tone. If so, I can't imagine any real purpose for the sound in a game camera. I guess I'll find out when I go back out to trade memory cards. My movement toward the camera ought to trigger a picture or two. I'll let you know.
    Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted. - Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by beemandan View Post
    Unless it is a digital slr there shouldn't be an actual shutter. I always figured that the click was a software driven sound....to allow the user to know that the photo has been taken. In fact, on my cell phone camera, the sound is a musical tone. If so, I can't imagine any real purpose for the sound in a game camera. I guess I'll find out when I go back out to trade memory cards. My movement toward the camera ought to trigger a picture or two. I'll let you know.
    It will and you will see the red light come on. Mine makes no noise, just a light when the sensor picks up movement.G

Once be deer, twice be vandals.

Now my curiosity is peaked too. I will anxiously await any updates.
    Natural Beekeeping Information at
    http://georgefamilycrafts.com/

Quote Originally Posted by biggraham610 View Post
    It will and you will see the red light come on
    The owner's manual with this one states that the red light will come on if the camera is triggered during the first two minutes after the camera has been turned on. After that, there aren't supposed to be any indicators...except, I suppose, the flash. I'd think an IR flash would not be visible to a person. Anyway....I've formatted a memory card, so I will go out and exchange them today and see if anything's happened.
    Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted. - Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Palmer View Post
    Once be deer, twice be vandals.
    I'm still open to anything. I'd much rather it be wildlife....but I'll deal with whatever comes my way.

Sounds like it is set up to be pretty stealth. Mine are several years old. One side of me thinks the manufacturer might be making them so they are less likely to be stolen. The other side of me thinks the more a person has his cameras stolen the more likely he would be to buy another so the manufacturers might like for them to be stolen, even though they would never tell you that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cub Creek Bees View Post
    smells like a woodbooger to me.
    This makes sense as this beeyard is only a couple of miles from Booger Hill.

From a hunter who has had a bunch of game cams- I would not recommend Wildgame Innovations. Everyone I had stopped working in a short time. They are less expensive than most others. I guess there is a reason. I've had pretty good luck with the Primos Blackout, relatively inexpensive, No visible flash at all. Some of the infra red flashes still produce a visible glow.

I traded the memory card. Only one pic on the one I removed. it was of me approaching the camera. All of the hives were intact. We shall see what comes.
    I have no opinion about the quality of the Wildgame camera I borrowed. The only thing I can say is that the photo of me is sharp and clear.

I think it's gremlins

>Wildgame
    wildgame innovation is a disposable camera that will quite at any time, it also corrupts your SD cards and make them unusable. Unfortunately I purchase many of these because of the price. The warrantee is almost worthless. You may get a month or if you lucky a year out of one.

Arrow Re: Deer? Vandals? We shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by FlowerPlanter View Post
    I think it's gremlins

>Wildgame
    wildgame innovation is a disposable camera that will quite at any time, it also corrupts your SD cards and make them unusable. Unfortunately I purchase many of these because of the price. The warrantee is almost worthless. You may get a month or if you lucky a year out of one.
    I think it's Mites:
    Evil little Devils are blamed for everything else
    They all run to one side at the same time and over goes the hive

Or it's "UGA" thinking Georgia Tech Yellow Jacket Hive in Bulldog country must go
    John Pluta http://GeorgiaBees.blogspot.com Common Sense KISS Beekeeping Treated Boxes Bees Full Frames Foundation

Quote Originally Posted by georgiabees View Post
    I think it's Mites:
    Like I said....I'm keeping an open mind.

I did move the camera closer today. After exchanging the memory card, I checked to see how sensitive it was to movement. Where I originally put it was too far away to trigger when I walked along the hives. Maybe this is an issue with Wildgame's cameras....or maybe it's just the way game cameras work.

They never trigger at the range they indicate. I hope you figure out what's causing the issue. Never understood the destruction of things other people have worked for... Bad parenting?

Quote Originally Posted by jwcarlson View Post
    Never understood the destruction of things other people have worked for... Bad parenting?
    I dunno. I did stuff when I was a kid that embarrasses me when I think about it today....at age 64. If it's a kid....and they were repentant....I'd give 'em some slack.

If it's a kid....and they were repentant....I'd give 'em some slack.
    Good on ya.

I dunno. I did stuff when I was a kid that embarrasses me when I think about it today....at age 64. If it's a kid....and they were repentant....I'd give 'em some slack.
    Goodness at least my kid thinks I was a saint at his age I would, with great restraint, cut a kid slack if they truly understood they were being... kids.
    Zone 5 @ 4700 ft. High Desert

Quote Originally Posted by rwurster View Post
    I would, with great restraint, cut a kid slack if they truly understood they were being... kids.
    It wouldn't be a slam dunk, for sure. If it were kids and they'd been in trouble in the past I'd probably give them the full weight. Having said that, since it has happened several times, if it is a person, it wasn't just a lark but an intentional ongoing vandalism. I would also take that into account.
    I'm still hoping it is wildlife.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast