I used this method to good results. I did not have drawn comb so I used medium frames with wax foundation in the 10 frame deep boxes. Under Matt's guidance I placed one of the new frames at the first point that the brood started. This was going in from the outside. After the first week I had drawn comb on each of the new frames. This is just what we were hoping for, to get the bees into wax production frame of mind and to not hold it for after the swarm.
I made some videos of inspections that have some of the results. I didn't edit them for this post, but you can see the results in the before and after.