Ross Round Plans

Default Ross Round Plans

does anyone know where i could find some plans for a ross round set up for 10 frame hive thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Ross Round Plans

Ross Rounds are not something you can build. They are made from plastic. You make up frames for comb honey with very little effort.
    Last edited by MTN-Bees; 02-19-2015 at 07:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MTN-Bees View Post
    Ross Rounds are not something you can build. They are made from plastic. You make up frames for comb honey with very little effort.
    i dont want to make the plastic but the special type supers that the plastic ross round go into since you need different boxes then honey supers. thanks mtn-bees

I have no clue as I've never used them but I understood them to be used in a regular shallow ....I could be wrong

I've never used a Ross Rounds system, but according to Betterbee, the RR supers are only 4 1/2" high.
    http://www.betterbee.com/ross-round-...ystem/rrk1.asp

Standard 'shallows' are 5 11/16" high. I might be tempted to build my own RR supers at 4.5" high since I build my own mediums anyway.
    Graham
    USDA Zone 7A Elevation 1400 ft

Quote Originally Posted by bedminsterorchard View Post
    does anyone know where i could find some plans for a ross round set up for 10 frame hive thanks
    You REALLY need to buy 1 complete setup as a guide as plans would not be very helpful. I built a pile of boxes and bought the plastic frames but stored them many years ago.
    A very expensive way to make comb honey as you have to buy his rings and covers and super springs.
    ALL I do now is cut comb shallow and mediums "THE ONLY WAY TO GO" if you want simplicity and profitability.
    John Pluta http://GeorgiaBees.blogspot.com Common Sense KISS Beekeeping Treated Boxes Bees Full Frames Foundation

They go into section depth box, about 4 1/2". I made a bunch decades ago, double walled with a built in follower board on the sides. I can take pics and measurments if you need them. But unless you are in an area with the right kind of hard flow they can be a hassle to get filled. I am agreement with those who say do cut comb instead. Little to buy, no special boxes.