Vegans don't eat honey? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Vegans don't eat honey?

Quote Originally Posted by sqkcrk View Post
    Do you suppose a Vegan would taste better with Honey Barbecue or Teryaki Sauce?
    What the heck are the sauces made out of...I'm not sure what I can eat now
    zone 5b
    Back in 2019!

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Does it matter whether a really insignificant albeit mouthy segment of the population feels about eating honey?

Quote Originally Posted by Vance G View Post
    Does it matter whether a really insignificant albeit mouthy segment of the population feels about eating honey?
    No but it is entertaining
    zone 5b
    Back in 2019!

Well, that's different!

One of the late night guys did a segment awhile back where they went around and asked people if they were vegan, vegetarian, had a gluten allergy/ate gluten-free.

Obviously they edit so they get the funny ones, but a remarkable number of people emphatically answer "Yes, I eat gluten-free." Or "Absolutely, I'm a vegan."

When pressed to the next step, being asked (for instance), "What is gluten?" or "Why don't you eat gluten?" There are a lot of confused looks, stammering, and scoffing. So many of these goof balls don't know what the heck they're talking about. I'm sure they're great people for certain companies to have around. I bet you could sell them darn near anything.

Bottom-line... the average run-of-the-mill veganite isn't doing any real destruction to the world or affecting me in any way. It is not worth your time to try to think rationally about someone who is acting emotionally. And as a general rule no one under the age of 60 wearing a beret or fedora is worth your time either. You'll find a significant amount of overlap here.

We've had a friends daughter helping my wife at the farmers market sell our honey, and honey/beeswax products we make. last year she went vegan and gave up honey. I asked how she felt about making her living selling something she was morally opposed to, She said it was her problem and she was still sleeping ok so i quit teasing her. To me its not any stranger than all the other stuff people do and believe in.

People will join groups to make thier life more fulfilling, whether it be religous, political, radical Islam, cults and it will sometimes take up all of thier time and energy. Most are harmless but irritating to others for some reason.....of course some are deadly and destrctive to human lives and property! What happened to emotional stability in the world or did we ever have it?

Quote Originally Posted by Vance G View Post
    Who? Us?
    Mark Berninghausen

Quote Originally Posted by wareagle1776 View Post
    People will join groups to make their life more fulfilling, whether it be religious, political, radical Islam, cults and it will sometimes take up all of their time and energy. Most are harmless but irritating to others for some reason.....of course some are deadly and destructive to human lives and property!
    And some of them are beekeepers. Or isn't that what you meant? We all have our"tribes".
    Mark Berninghausen

Yes, of course anything that is done with an all out passion whether good or bad..........I hope that we all find something to do with passion that is indeed fulfilling.

Quote Originally Posted by sqkcrk View Post
    Now that seems to cross the line for me. That is mislabeling. There are so many beekeepers up in arms about "Honey Blend" and even pollenless honey these days, saying neither is honey and shouldn't be labeled as honey and here comes this stuff. It isn't Honey and shouldn't be labeled as such, no matter how cutely misspell "honee". Whose Dept of Ag do I report these guys to?
    I was browsing through various States' laws after reading the thread on state bee laws, and that would almost for sure be a violation of MA state honey labeling laws. They're almost stricter on the labeling of honey than on the keeping of bees.
    If you want to be successful, study successful people and do what they do.
    Zone 4a/b

I have once talk to a vegetarian/vegan woman who said she will not eat the honey because
    she doesn't want the bees to suffer and die. I did not argue with her....but isn't the bees dying
    after 6 weeks because of their natural way of being a bee? I mean we as humans will die after
    100 years or maybe early, right. Some suffer some don't. I just don't get her way of thinking
    sometimes. Because the way she think how cruel us beekeepers are exploiting the bees to get their honey.
    Don't mix foreign bees into a virgin hive. She might get balled 100% of the time! When will you ever learn, huh?

if they eat that way because they think it's healthier thats fine but if they think it makes them innocent of killing animal life their mere existance on this planet has brought death and suffering to uncountable lives. every step they take causes unavoidable death and destruction.
    first colony out of a log 1983 beekeeping about 15 years. Warning i could be an idiot. I'm from South Jersey.

We sell honey to a Vegan dinner. The say they love it.

Quote Originally Posted by j.kuder View Post
    every step they take causes unavoidable death and destruction.
    And I thought my bedside manner was bad.
    A man is worth just as much as the things about which he busies himself- Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by justin View Post
    We've had a friends daughter helping my wife at the farmers market sell our honey, and honey/beeswax products we make. last year she went vegan and gave up honey. I asked how she felt about making her living selling something she was morally opposed to, She said it was her problem and she was still sleeping ok so i quit teasing her. To me its not any stranger than all the other stuff people do and believe in.
    Your a better person than I. These people often talk about the issues that concern them, which they read about from a blog, website, book, or heard on TV, yet other than stop eating certain foods, they are living a myth. And she sure is not walking her talk as the saying goes.

I would be looking for her replacement. Like I said glad the world is filled with people that don't think like me, otherwise
    Started 9/13, building slowly, not trying the no treatment anymore

I don't like vegans or anyone else who murders broccoli or any other living thing for their own consumption.

I limit my diet to rocks.

LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by FollowtheHoney View Post
    http://store.veganessentials.com/bee...ute-p3733.aspx

Attachment 15687

Made from apples. I hope they were hand pollinated and no bee labor was used.
    FACE PALM

https://www.facebook.com/reapingselfreliance
    Number one killer of bees are beekeepers who wont read any bee books.

In fact Vegans wouldn't be able to eat the vast majority of fruit or grains that require pollination for replanting.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerStewart View Post
    Someone could easily make the argument that bees are 'enslaven' by the apple trees for pollination.... If the apple-honey is made from apples, something had to pollinate those apples (not to mention earthworms that were already dragged into this kicking and screaming). So the bees can work in the hot sun in the field on the pollination side and that is fair game (not to mention the work they endure to pollinate all the other crops), but once they work in their own hive on the actual honey production (rather than in the apple orchard), it's animal cruelty? They are working hard either way.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast