Noticing any trend in 2015 package availability and pricing?

Default Noticing any trend in 2015 package availability and pricing?

Hello,
    Am seeing a fair amount of price variability for packages in the Iowa/Minnesota region here at the end of January.

My question is this: Has anybody noticed price deflation and/or supply increase for packages as January has progressed?

Inevitably there will be price/supply discovery as winter progresses and now is a good time to hear what trends may or may not be developing for spring 2015 package supply and pricing.

Thank you.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Noticing any trend in 2015 package availability and pricing?

Considering the way the bee situation is currently panning out in California the prevailing pricing for packages in Iowa/MN do not expect a price decrease as time rolls on. Quite the opposite might be the case in the long run.

(majority offered in the 105 range from many suppliers if you discount the bump that ML is asking for the oliveraz packages)

With the price of honey way up why would anyone want to deplete the hive that delivers that golden egg unless the depletion incentive is in some form of silver up front. Big silver!!!!

I hear what you are saying, but my inquiry was more based on the *potential* or question if over-wintering and the almond season resulted in lower than expected losses and spring saw some fast build ups... there *is* the possibility of a strong supply situation.

Not saying this is the case, but asking if anybody has seen signs pointing to stronger-than-expected supply?

thanks.

Honey hive farms has gone up a bit on his packages. Last year he had 4# packages for $105 and this year 3# for $110. But, I have seen a few people selling 3# for $150. These are all delivered at this price to though.
    Nate Henderson
    "I hate being stung out of ignorance, but it sure happens a lot"

Wide range of prices, very much location dependent.

thanks!

179 cdn$ for 2.2 lbs. here. New Zealand bees. About 20$ higher than last year.