Need some Info Sources of bulk HFCS or Sugar

Default Need some Info Sources of bulk HFCS or Sugar

What is the deal with finding a source for HFCS? I think it would be easier to by an M-60 machine gun. Ive heard that Base Inc. in Tulsa Oklahoma is a source for HFCS. Heard you can buy it from 5 gallon buckets to Semi tanker loads. Does anyone know how to get hold of them? Ive tried two different phone numbers off the internet, and cant get ahold of anyone. Where are some other sources for the stuff? Why is this stuff so hard to get?

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Need some Info Sources of bulk HFCS or Sugar

You didn't say what number you called trying to reach Base, but I'd try the one on this page:

http://www.quicktransportsolutions.c...dot-788919.php

I see from Google Maps satellite view that street address has a very active rail siding and multiple tanker trucks for final delivery. It may be that they are the dominant vendor in the Tulsa area as sweetener rail transload sites are not found on every corner. However, they may not be interested in selling in 5 gallon bucket quantities.

Base, Inc appears to be owned by The Bama Companies: http://www.bama.com/about-bama/
    Graham
    USDA Zone 7A Elevation 1400 ft

Call Mark and ask him if he's got any info he can pass on to you.

Mark Riggins
    Regional Sales Manager
    Sweetener Products Co.
    209-602-9849

If not then maybe,

Cash & Carry
    2901 N Macarthur Blvd
    OKLAHOMA CITY OK 73127-1627
    405 495-0786

Or another restaurant supply place closer to you might be better.

Here's the main office.

Sweetener Products Co.
    P.O. Box 58426 Vernon, CA 90058
    Main Phone:323 234 2200
    Toll Free:800 305 2200

How much are you looking for?

Thanks for the help everyone. im not in the market for a huge amount but I know some other beeks in the area that is shopping around for the same thing. the number I called for Base Inc was (918) 732-2540. i also tried a couple of other numbers. I may have found a source for HFCS today but still there would be a middle man in there that wouldnt be there if i could pick it up at Base Inc. I read somewhere on the internet that Base Inc. Would sell amounts from 5 gallon buckets to semi loads. Thats why i was reall interested in getting in touch with them. What is the going rate for say a 55 gallon barrell of HFCS? I got a quote today of about 155.00 a barrel delivered but had to order 2100 gallons.

Quote Originally Posted by Rader Sidetrack View Post
    You didn't say what number you called trying to reach Base, but I'd try the one on this page:

http://www.quicktransportsolutions.c...dot-788919.php

I see from Google Maps satellite view that street address has a very active rail siding and multiple tanker trucks for final delivery. It may be that they are the dominant vendor in the Tulsa area as sweetener rail transload sites are not found on every corner. However, they may not be interested in selling in 5 gallon bucket quantities.

Base, Inc appears to be owned by The Bama Companies: http://www.bama.com/about-bama/
    yes i tried the number on that link. Get a recording with a guys name. maybe i need to try calling through Bama.

Here is an article about base inc. Its an old article but Im hoping they still have the same services there. http://www.tulsaworld.com/archives/b...ccd576b27.html Article says they will sell 5 gallon buckets or 55 gallon barrels. 55 gallon barrels or maybe one of them 300 gallon tanks on a pallet is what i need to get my syrup in.

Quote Originally Posted by iivydriff View Post
    Here is an article about base inc. Its an old article but Im hoping they still have the same services there. http://www.tulsaworld.com/archives/b...ccd576b27.html Article says they will sell 5 gallon buckets or 55 gallon barrels. 55 gallon barrels or maybe one of them 300 gallon tanks on a pallet is what i need to get my syrup in.
    I did buy sugar from Base. A couple of years ago. I went to visit the Base Inc. location on Pine. That is where I did purchase and pick up the containers of sugar. The people I talked to told me "they did not want to do business with beekeepers anymore." Could not buy anything from them. Anyway I am still looking.

We've got 12 containers of high fructose corn syrup (55%). Each container contains 22,000 kilos of high fructose corn syrup. Let me know if you're still interested.

Astoca, where is the fructose your selling located and how much is it a gallon?

Vendors are not permitted to post prices in public forums at Beesource unless that sub-forum is either a vendor-specific sub-forum, or the For Sale forum.

Outside of those two areas, all pricing negotiations must be conducted privately, such as by PM, email or phone.
    Graham
    USDA Zone 7A Elevation 1400 ft

Thanks for the heads up.