another vented suit thread

Default another vented suit thread

I have decided to get a full ventilated suit. The ultra breeze is out, along with any other fencing type hoods. I just can not stand a hoody.

I have looked at all the other manufactures discussed on here but I can not find any reviews on the blue sky suit. has anyone bought the full vented suit? I will need a suit for the wife also and these look like they have better dimensions as far as fit goes. I have a 36 " inseam and most of the others that offer a longer inseam also looks like you need to be 3 times as large in the mid section.

I have localized swelling from stings and would like to avoid getting stung as much as possible. So far no life threating episodes.
    Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: another vented suit thread

Last edited by Freemind777; 01-06-2015 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freemind777 View Post
    You could sew your own...
    That's helpful?
    http://OxaVap.com Your source for the ProVap 110
    OA Vaporizer. The fastest vaporizer on the market!

I have Blue Sky's Beekool jacket and full suit for tougher jobs. I love both. I would recommend upsizing one size as the torso is cut a little short, so when you bend over it pulls the veil towards your face. A few times bending and it's taught to your face, not good. I had to exchange for the larger size when this happened and it was a very easy process with Blue Sky. It comes with either the fencing or round veil. I have recommended it to several.

Try BJSheriff's Bee Suits http://www.bjsherriff.co.uk/ they custom Build to your size . Call them first / it is where I got my suit I am 6'2 and 150 lb, and very long legged as well . I love my new suit it fits Perfect ,has plenty of room and I can squat if need be and it will not tear out .
    Ret, Sgt. Robert Yates

I have one, for the same reason. I do not like the fencing hood. Love it. I would suggest going up a size. I like mine so much I'm going to buy the jacket version this upcoming season.

Betterbee has a vented suit with a round veil.
    Check out our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pearlcityapiary

There is a website that make custom bee suits and jackets. http://www.custombeesuits.com. The prices seem reasonable and shipping is free.
    Scott Derrick- Creator Of - Honey-B-Gone Swarm Commander

I thought I'd throw this out there. I didn't like the fencing hoods either, so I bought a round veil with cotton hat to replace the veil on my ventilated jacket. The first time I used it, I got stung through the hat about 15 times on the top of my forehead. I had to start wearing a "terry cloth" headband over the hat. I hated every minute of that. I went back to a fencing veil when I got an ultrabreeze a few months ago. It fit's much better than the fencing veil on my cheap vented jacket. It stays where it's supposed to instead of the screen sliding back against my face.
    The more I learn about bees, the less I know.

My wife loves her Brushy Mountain ventilated suit